ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One for Rich....

Or anyone else that can help

After months of washing the car with mainly AG products its time to start sorting my paint out properly.

First off my car is pearl black so comes up a treat with AG products that i currently use:

Body work:
AG body shamppo & Kent wash mitt
AG SRP
AGP EGP
Windows:
AG Car Glass Polish
trim:
AG Bumper Care

Below is what it looks like after ive done that

But up close there are still bird marks and other little imperfections i want to get out.

Now do i clay the whole thing or can i use something like this:

http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk/Products,77,toView_77.html

Attachments

• clio_Small.jpg
    clio_Small.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 48
  Nissan 370Z
poorboys range is good, like the carnuba blue polish, then clearkote red moose glaze, then ex sealant by poorboys topped with nattys. thats what i was thinking of buying. im sure rich will correct me tho.
thanks

Yeah im thinking of getting some of the poor boys carnuba blue polish and natty blue paste to finish it but need and want to get rid of the bird sh*t marks i have. Really lets it down.

also need to touch up my bonet but thats for another time

A slow one :-(
I would clay the car anyway once a year to remove the tar and all the other crap on it. You'll be amazed at how dirty your car actually is. Then if the marks are still there then maybe try something like Megs ScratchX. Work in small areas and may take quite a few applications to shift.

If this doesn't shift it you could consider a heavier compound but this maybe difficult to breakdown by hand.

Aslo;
I wouldn't of thought you'd need the PBs polish if your going to use the Clearkote first...

A slow one :-(
After a few days??? seems odd.

I experienced a bit of marring when I did my bros clio with the pc... but I think this was due to poor technique.

Try the clay and scratchX route first...

corsa c exclusiv
should try waxing it after you have used Auto Glym EGP, never used this myself, but P21s seems to be good as everyone talks about it, will use it next time i detail the car in full.

106 GTi
Working by hand your best bet is Scratch X rather than the CK Compound.

Clay will only remove the bonded on muck.

Working by hand with the scratch X will be hard work but should improve things.

106 GTi
As in etching in the paint from bird crap?

With some work yes, Scratch X is a defect removal product they made hand application freindly. Defects like that are better of fixed by machine.