ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One happy Burpspeed customer!

221bhp/ton Mondial Terror
Went and paid Burp a visit today. Had a couple of mods done to the car. First off had the battery relocated to the boot, then had a BMC CDA fitted with a 45degree bend in place of the battery and a caf to the fog light. Very happy with the work!!!:):cool:

Before:
DSC00489.jpg

After:

DSC00493.jpg

DSC00497.jpg

Very neat installation. We managed to remove some unwanted crap in the engine bay too! :cool: In all a very productive day. (not that i did that much:eek:) Now the engine bay needs a good clean!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Jay, I need this in my car also....

Call me tomorrow, we need to talk.

Quade, are you the guy from the RR day with some obscene power output??

C

clvs2222

i cant understand why you got rid of the itg to get a bmc, surely the itg is much better. also, why do you need the battery in the wheel well? is it going to be stripped for a track car? thats the only reason i can think of for doing this stuff.

i cant understand why you got rid of the itg to get a bmc, surely the itg is much better. also, why do you need the battery in the wheel well? is it going to be stripped for a track car? thats the only reason i can think of for doing this stuff.

Just fancied having the bmc. If i was going to have an induction kit might as well of done it properly. The battery had to go into the wheel well because i still have the back seats as i have 2 kids and can still use the boot to put a push chair in! lol.

Does it make any difference in the real world, to have the battery in the boot?

To be able to fit the bmc properly with as little bends as possible (why we fitted the 45 degree hose) the battery had to go into the boot. Hopefully the air flow should be better.

C

clvs2222

the filter will not improve anything! the itg was more than capable for your car. im not disaporving at the qualiy of work, just confused as to why it was done. wheres your spare wheel come MOT time? the hassel you've got if you want to sell the car.

b/g 182, meg tourer
a hell of a lot of work to fit an induction kit. personally i wouldn't have a battery in the boot unless it was a track car. there is just no need on a road car and there were probably no gains in fitting the bmc.
not my car tho, bet it sounds better, notice any gains? best place for a caf tho there!

the filter will not improve anything! the itg was more than capable for your car. im not disaporving at the qualiy of work, just confused as to why it was done. wheres your spare wheel come MOT time? the hassel you've got if you want to sell the car.

172 cups dont come with a spare wheel! Neither do 182's. You get 2 tyre weld cans. Besides im keeping this car for a few more years yet. Dont they say that the standard 90degree bend is the most restrictive part of the induction system on the car? Well so far the car is deffo no slower than it was with the itg panel filter. Seems to be a little more responsive lower down. We shall see when it gets rolling roaded on the same rollers as i put it on before. But it does look good!:cool:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Seeing as its a cup and didn;t come with a spare wheel anyway, its not really an issue!

C

clvs2222

sorry, didnt see it was a cup. i know 182's dont have them. just seems alot of effort for no gains.

53 Clio's & counting
it does seem a great idea, i think though on its own it wont give a huge amount of extra power but group a few small mods like this together that can make a good difference

btw nice work as always jay :)

172 Race Car
lol @ the haters. Its called car modding! It will make a difference, however small. Straighter line and less restrictions.

The spare wheel well was the ideal sopt for it as it was EMPTY anyway. no space taken from the boot.

Maybe if he had spent £350 on a maxogen, a carbon engine cover and painted his badges, there would of been more love in here

lol @ the haters. Its called car modding! It will make a difference, however small. Straighter line and less restrictions.

The spare wheel well was the ideal sopt for it as it was EMPTY anyway. no space taken from the boot.

Maybe if he had spent £350 on a maxogen, a carbon engine cover and painted his badges, there would of been more love in here

PMSL!!!:approve: Will fiddle with the caf this afternoon jay. Shouldn't take too long. So far the car is going pretty well!;)

M

mini-valver

It's because everyone thinks the most expensive IK is the best. In reality, its a Ph1 airbox with a foan filter.

Good mod that, you may not be able to tell any significant difference on the road but I'd put money on it that if you back to back RR'd it, they'd be an increase in power and torque.

200bhp 172 cup
looking good mate and recommend this as ive done the same :approve:.

i was wondering have you used the original renault positive terminal on the battery and is it fused,?

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
top work as always, looking good. ill be up for some burpspeed magic soon ;) 1st or 2nd wasnt it?

quade when you thinking of doing a power run bud? i need to get mine back on again had some more work done and would like to see the gains over my previous setup ;) after burpspeed has done some work to the engine woud be good for me if you wana try and get it cheaper by running a few cars at the same time

VaVa
It's because everyone thinks the most expensive IK is the best. In reality, its a Ph1 airbox with a foan filter.

Good mod that, you may not be able to tell any significant difference on the road but I'd put money on it that if you back to back RR'd it, they'd be an increase in power and torque.

Wrong. In reality, they're all much of a muchness.

Although I still dispute the fanciful claims on here that becuse the ph1 airbox is round, it's the same as a Maxogen.

Ultimately, I reckon reducing the 90 degree to as little as possible will have more effect than whatever filteer you shove on the end of it. Good mod imho.

M

mini-valver

The maxogen is the same in design as a ph1 airbox, but it has a foam filter. How is that wrong???

top work as always, looking good. ill be up for some burpspeed magic soon ;) 1st or 2nd wasnt it?

quade when you thinking of doing a power run bud? i need to get mine back on again had some more work done and would like to see the gains over my previous setup ;) after burpspeed has done some work to the engine woud be good for me if you wana try and get it cheaper by running a few cars at the same time

Probably wanna do another power run around December time. When it gets alot colder! lol. ;) You getting cams then Adey???

RichCup

ClioSport Club Member
Nice work, although why not use the 45deg bend with the old airbox you had?

I know it's back to the same old "the clio cup cars use them so theyre the best" debate, but here's a pic from one:

racecar013.gif

Where do you run the CAF to? Somewhere near the front bumper/arch?

Nice work, although why not use the 45deg bend with the old airbox you had?

I know it's back to the same old "the clio cup cars use them so theyre the best" debate, but here's a pic from one:

racecar013.gif

Where do you run the CAF to? Somewhere near the front bumper/arch?

The ph1 airbox would not of fitted properly without relocating the ecu aswell. We did think about putting the phase 1 box like in your photo but it ment too much pissing around. Swapping to a bmc cda was an easier option. Smaller with room to play with. Have the caf in the foglight. The caf is as straight as it can be. Well i can tell you i havent lost any performance. Rolling road in december will tell me if ive made any improvement.

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
what gauge wire did you use and do you have any problems with it gettin hot whilst starting car etc ?