ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One of my minis - show car for next year

Bumblebee
Hi, anyway.

This is my Paul Smith LE mini which i have owned for the past 6 months. I was going to use it as a runner however since getting another 172, I have decided to use it as a show car (plus it doesnt work at the mo:dead: .)

The car will be Pc'd next week and then it will be going onto the ramps for a full toothbrush detail underneath. It will be getting a bit of rust attention also.

For people who dont know anything about the car, its a 1999 Limited edition mini. The colour and interior is unique to this model and was designed my fashion designer Paul Smith. It has a woping 63 bhp on tap too.

Unique touches:
Purple/Blue colour
black and silver lipped wheels (were also on the monte carlo and 35 models)
Paul smith signed clocks
green boot interior and fuel tank
colour coded dash
24 carat gold front badge

I have added colour coded decals, yoko ao 48's, spax fully adjustable suspension, negative camber arms, lowered the steering column, 3mm spacers, headlight stoneguards, custom made seat adjusters and a supercharger is about to go on...

I know its not everyones cup of tea, but im pretty proud of it
Anyway a few pics...

100_1193.jpg

100_1186.jpg

100_0751.jpg

100_0750.jpg

100_1196.jpg

100_1187-1.jpg

100_1566.jpg

Last edited:
  Bumblebee
they usually go for about 4.5-6k depending on mileage/condition. they hold their value really well as only 300 were made for the UK market with the rest going to Japan.

Thanks for the comments guys. :)

BMW 330D
If i bought another mini it would have to be one of these limited editions!.Yours looks in mint condition mate :approve: .You going to the mini show on January 28th?

looks great! bet its good fun to drive...

the paint work looks a bit poor on the first pic though, orange peel city!
100_1193.jpg

Bumblebee
yeh, the paint is very soft tho. Those pics were from when i got it - looks a bit different now under the covers.

Bumblebee
Cheers guys, yeh the last pic shows were it was sprayed in 2003 (just looked back over the history) it shows the straightness of the panels however.

100_1218.jpg

100_1203.jpg

DSC00061.jpg

Last edited:
  Bumblebee
are they fun 2 drive even though they only have 62 bhp lol

and can u spin it in 2nd lol ;)

You dont need straight line speed to have fun in a car, and with only weighing about 780kg's, it keeps up with most things 1.6 or less. The supercharger should see a reliable 115bhp without too much tinkering, 190 if you go all out.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
are they fun 2 drive even though they only have 62 bhp lol

and can u spin it in 2nd lol ;)

You dont need straight line speed to have fun in a car, and with only weighing about 780kg's, it keeps up with most things 1.6 or less. The supercharger should see a reliable 115bhp without too much tinkering, 190 if you go all out.

115bhp r u serious! :eek: i want 1! how much will the supercharger cost? what engine does this mini use? the same 1 frm the cooper?

Bumblebee
yeh 115 bhp is an easy output. It is a 1275 cc just now however it is getting bored to a 1293cc with a BMW mini supercharger i picked up for 80 quid put on.

My other mini is 145 bhp from a naturally aspirated 1380cc A series engine, however the car only weighs 578 KG's so power to weight is pretty good.

2001 Ph1 172
oh how i miss my mini cooper! as relaiable as awet paper bag! but more than u can imagine!

Bumblebee
Cheers guys. A wee pic of the boot set up prior to the carpet being steam cleaned and the wires tidied. They were bought to tie in with the original colour scheme and an enhancment over the standard 3.5W OE speakers.

100_1184.jpg

T

thecremeegg

One of my mates has a Y reg (old style) mini cooper, and its been done really well.hes put new centre console in, proper music system tastefully done with leather seats etc.....goes like a rocket!! it feels like a go cart when ur in it, really good fun

Bumblebee
Just the two just now, the 172 and my g/f's VTS - plus i have a metro turbo at my mates house which we share....

So 4 1/2 in total.. :)

Rsport182Cup'd
me missus got 2 at moment
an 88 jet black LE
and a 25th anniversary with a 1275gt.

THUMBS UP - GOT LOTS OF RESPECT FOR MINIS (ENGLISH ONLY)
the thing that makes me still giggle she has got a nice sticker in the rear:

100% BMW FREE

goes a treat at shows, the PS looks cool, if you off to MITP see you there!