ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One pissed off valver owner

seems like everything is going wrong at the mo. Was driving along and went round a roundabout and the little orange light for the front brake sensor came on. Changed the front brake pads and the light is still coming on when i corner - more so going left that right (or the other way round - will have to double check) can anybody shed any light on this?????

its a pink wire if you unplug it from the pads then get in the car and get sumone to touch it on sumink metal the lite should kum on if its working ok

BMW 320d Sport

If the wire earths out then it will set off the light. Jack it up, take off the wheels and have a look, youll find the wire has a bit of insulation rubbed off somewhere and its touching the subframe.

that would make sense... cheers for the info guys. That knot of anger in my stomach has subsided a bit... now I just have to go on a murderous rampage:mad:

FRST and 106 GTi

the wire or... front discs really in bad shape. If they have a lot of miles they will have a "stair" at the very edge. This may touch the sensor pad and the light comes up even thou the pad is new.

I have a similar problem (not that I get worried). When turning all the wheel to one side, sometimes the light flashes a little. this usually happens when parking.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

You can always not use this wire. Mine was broken when I came to cahnge the pads. Dont need a light to tellme when to change them as I do check the car now and then.

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What the f**k else can go wrong??? driving back from the girlfriends just now and the f**kin back box has dropped off!!

Clio 172 Cup, Eunos

Your clio giving u some grief? Im sure its this time of year u know....

since october i have had to replace:

Clutch cable

Front wheel beaings,pads& discs

Rear wheel bearings pads & discs

door lock

get the exaust fixed

new fan belt

cost me bloody loads! hopefully everything is ok 4 now touch wood....think everything packs up this time of year - not clio friendly weather methinks...