ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One question iPhone/iPT thread.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Re: iPhone Q&A DONT START ONE QUESTION IPHONE THREADS. **POST HERE**

...but which to the casual passer-by, looks identical to the peasant version. ;)

Citroen DS3 DSport

I don't think the casual passer-by cares :D If I had the white phone they'd think i'd stole it from my girlfriend.

I don't think the casual passer-by cares :D If I had the white phone they'd think i'd stole it from my girlfriend.

lolz.

Chris = pwned.

Im still not sure which colour to get. I'll just see what colours they do the new one in ;)

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

White all the way.

iPoverty ftl.

fiesta 1.25

How many Gb do you actually use?Ive bought the black one which looks alot more classy.When the new one comes out do we just upgrade for free and stay on the same contract?

Citroen DS3 DSport

does it bubbleup though when you apply it?? Tried about four now and they all bubble up

So long as you wipe the screen clean then no, perfectly smooth and you'd not even know it was there. I've fitted several of these on friends iPhones and all are perfect. The pack comes with a low tack sticker to aid with dust removal from the screen.

Audi S3 225

I've been playing imob last few days, seems ok. Logged in yesterday and I had 1.5 billion in the bank!!! Must b a glitch or something lol. Neway I keep losing fights I think because I have no1 in my mob, if any1 wants to join add me on 112196694.

Thanks dudes

fiesta 1.25

If i jailbreak it and then want to upgrade for the new one will i not be abel to?Also I have restored it to my old phone and it has synced all the messages etc back on.Will these still be on after the jailbreak?

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member

Guys, i got an iphone from my friend who found it (i can assure it isnt knicked as such, he genuinely found it!) anyway it was on o2 network so i tried a spare virgin sim which obviously wouldnt work, so i came on here and had look and then i used quickpwn to jailbreak it. I then tried the sim again but it isnt getting any signal etc, so i then put another o2 pre pay sim card back in and this isnt working either, in top left corner it is saying, No Service.

My guess is that its been reported lost/owners made a claim etc, and the network has barred or blocked the phone?

The rest of the phone works perfectly except it wont work as a phone lol. Im not too bothered because i currently have a contract phone with "3" so i wouldnt be able to use it anyway. Im happy enough using it as an ipod/internet tool when im in wireless areas but just wondered if anyone knew if this was barred or am i doing something wrong?

Titanium 182

I've been playing imob last few days, seems ok. Logged in yesterday and I had 1.5 billion in the bank!!! Must b a glitch or something lol. Neway I keep losing fights I think because I have no1 in my mob, if any1 wants to join add me on 112196694.

Thanks dudes

Added u

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

Can anyone advise a good cover for my new iphone? hard plastic or the more flexible ones tbh. do the hard palstic ones give a much better protection? Plus i imagine i may need a screen protector? again, any recommendations? My iphone will probably have a bit of a hard life.

Guys, i got an iphone from my friend who found it (i can assure it isnt knicked as such, he genuinely found it!) anyway it was on o2 network so i tried a spare virgin sim which obviously wouldnt work, so i came on here and had look and then i used quickpwn to jailbreak it. I then tried the sim again but it isnt getting any signal etc, so i then put another o2 pre pay sim card back in and this isnt working either, in top left corner it is saying, No Service.

My guess is that its been reported lost/owners made a claim etc, and the network has barred or blocked the phone?

The rest of the phone works perfectly except it wont work as a phone lol. Im not too bothered because i currently have a contract phone with "3" so i wouldnt be able to use it anyway. Im happy enough using it as an ipod/internet tool when im in wireless areas but just wondered if anyone knew if this was barred or am i doing something wrong?

Yeah the phone will of been blocked. By imei number. You can change them, but its illegal. Keep it for wifi, or take it into an O2 shop and hand it in.

Can anyone advise a good cover for my new iphone? hard plastic or the more flexible ones tbh. do the hard palstic ones give a much better protection? Plus i imagine i may need a screen protector? again, any recommendations? My iphone will probably have a bit of a hard life.

Ive never bothered with a cover, mines got so many war scars and bomb dents but still lives, the screen is fine etc. But maybe im lucky, my mates been through 3 now, maybe hes a idiot though!

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member

Yeah the phone will of been blocked. By imei number. You can change them, but its illegal. Keep it for wifi, or take it into an O2 shop and hand it in.

Ok I was just looking online at changing the imei but i just restored the phone through itunes and now it is working perfectly with an o2 payg sim card in it.....sweet!

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member

ok guys, iv restored the phone using itunes and it works fine on o2 with a payg simcard, so iv now downloaded quickpwn and loaded it onto my phone (although the program doesnt ever actually mentioned jailbreaking!? have i downloaded the right software?). So the phone should now be jailbroken in theory? But yet when i put a virgin sim card in it it does not work? just has no netowrk coverage?

Jailbreaking and unlocking are totally different things.

It gives you 4 boxes and you tick the ones you want..

Jailbreak.
Cydia & Installer.
Unlock.
Replace Boot Logos.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

How you rolling Seb?

iPoverty? or 16gb?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

i rollz with 16gb - black. none of this gf white shizzle.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

Shame, thats half a point though.

Better than that cnut Reverls. LOLz

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member

Jailbreaking and unlocking are totally different things.

It gives you 4 boxes and you tick the ones you want..

Jailbreak.
Cydia & Installer.
Unlock.
Replace Boot Logos.

oh right, sorry im not very clued up on this stuff! So what is jailbreaking about? All i want to do is unlock it to stick a different networks sim in it?

Unlocking means you can use others sims.

Jailbreaking is for other apps and that sort of thing.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member

Unlocking means you can use others sims.

Jailbreaking is for other apps and that sort of thing.

Sorry to be a pain, i know there i probs loads of info in this thread but i cant seem to work out what i need to do to unlock it? Im guessing 1 of these "pwn" softwares will sort me out?

Yeh..

http://www.iphonedownloadblog.com/2008/11/23/unlock-your-iphone-2g-22-using-quickpwn/

Theres a guide there, its simple. Just follow the instructions.

quickpwn-21-guide8.png

Thats the 4 options I was talking about..

When i bought mine the girl in the shop told me there was another new iphone in the pipeline, she did say that if there was i'd be upgraded to it free of charge - is this true or just a load of c**k and bull? She said the same happened when the 3g was released, all customers with the 2g were allowed an upgrade, did this happen to anyone else?

There will be another. When only Apple and high executives at CPW/O2 will know that. Not someone who works in the shop.

If you had a 2G then you could pay the price for the new iPhone and upgrade for no penalty so id imagine they'll do the same again.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member

Then you have a 3G. Its unlock-able but more difficult.

You'll have to Google that one mate as I have no idea.

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member

Has anyone on here managed to unlock a 3g iphone?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

Tbh this iPhone is epic. Really good browser! Love it.

fiesta 1.25

quickpwn should activate and jailbreak it shoudlnt it but im not sure about a virgin sim.Any apps in appstore that enables me to change the backround screen to the same as my wallpaper?

none of my f**king downloaded apps are opening. Its opens to a black screen and then closes....

any help for the idiot here?