ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One question iPhone/iPT thread.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Re: iPhone Software 3.0 - Out 17/6 & iPhone 3GS - Out 19/6

Here a question...

Can i sync my work calendar with my iphone? without itunes?

Yes.

1. With exchange (you'd need to get that approved by your IT dude.)
2. With exchange via google. www.google.com/sync

With 2 you need to have a gmail account and download the Outlook sync for pc.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

yes you can, its in the info tab when you click on your iphone in iTunes, you can select which calendar you wish to sync with etc.

Reading fail

182, turbo rx8, 911

Missed a few steps at the end -

FREE TETHERING:

1. Navigate to the following website from your iPhone - help.benm.at
2. Click - Mobileconfigs
3. Select country and network
4. Install
5. Go to Settings>General>Network and turn tethering ON!

:)

Just FYI I've looked at this and carried it out, it definitely works and it's only a config file to bypass 02's 'to set up tethering go here...'
It won't cost anything as long as you don't go over the 'fair' usage policy or go mad :)

1 of 19 Recaro'd 182 Cups

PAYG 3gS for me tomorow, its a lot of moeny up front but as i currently only put £10 every couple of months on my PAYG sim with o2 i would be stuipd to get i contract and end up paying over £600 for the 18 months.

If i was to get a contract i would get the 24 month one as the deals are better and if a new phone is out in 12 months wheter it be an iPhone or not you can sell the phone for £300(if they are fetching the same as the 3g's are now) and buy the new version on PAYG and put the contract sim in it, meaning you will have a new phone with a low 12 month contract.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

Just FYI I've looked at this and carried it out, it definitely works and it's only a config file to bypass 02's 'to set up tethering go here...'
It won't cost anything as long as you don't go over the 'fair' usage policy or go mad :)

It does however appear to change the data apn (I looked at the config file that site sends), and at the moment it would appear that o2 are using 2 different data apns on contract accounts and if you're on the wrong one, things break. I'm holding off pressing the button at the moment because of this!

Can you confirm that visual voice mail and MMS still work after applying this?

And what are the APN settings in General/Network/Cellular Data Network now that you've applied that mobile config?

Cheers.

182, turbo rx8, 911

It does however appear to change the data apn (I looked at the config file that site sends), and at the moment it would appear that o2 are using 2 different data apns on contract accounts and if you're on the wrong one, things break. I'm holding off pressing the button at the moment because of this!

Can you confirm that visual voice mail and MMS still work after applying this?

And what are the APN settings in General/Network/Cellular Data Network now that you've applied that mobile config?

Cheers.

Yeah the vvms and mms still work for me, however there are known issues where some users have had problems with this.
I know about 02 using the different apns I just made sure I backed up before so that I can restore if I have selected the wrong one.

Celluar data: wap.o2.co.uk
VVM: wap.o2.co.uk
MMS:wap.o2.co.uk

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

the apns are the same its the user/pass that differ.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

the apns are the same its the user/pass that differ.

humn, you have a source for this Tom?

All my APNs point at idata.o2.co.uk which doesn't resolve publically.

MMS and stuff didn't work for me when I tried the wap.o2.co.uk APN. (With the passwords floating around the various forums)

SchwepTek™

Yeah the vvms and mms still work for me, however there are known issues where some users have had problems with this.
I know about 02 using the different apns I just made sure I backed up before so that I can restore if I have selected the wrong one.

Celluar data: wap.o2.co.uk
VVM: wap.o2.co.uk
MMS:wap.o2.co.uk

+1

All fine with me too.

Citroen DS3 DSport

My working o2 contract settings:

Cellular Data:
mobile.o2.co.uk
vertigo
password

VVM:
wap.o2.co.uk
vertigo
password

MMS:
wap.o2.co.uk
o2wap
password
mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002
193.113.200.195:8080

?

As far as an everyday phone, what are the iphones like? Really tempted to get one now considering i currently have a c905 but o2 have had to send me 3 replacement handsets as they keep developing faults... and now they have given me the option of changing to another phone.

Tbh I love the 8meg cam on the c905 but I cant stand all the problems ive been having with it, would you guys suggest trying to get them to give me an iphone insteasd?

Citroen DS3 DSport

As a everyday phone I love the iPhone. No complaints.

Played with a mate's 3G and the browser is just awesome. The app store is very tempting and I am used to a touch screen from my Failberry Storm.

My working o2 contract settings:

Cellular Data:
mobile.o2.co.uk
vertigo
password

VVM:
wap.o2.co.uk
vertigo
password

MMS:
wap.o2.co.uk
o2wap
password
mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002
193.113.200.195:8080

What are these settings for? My MMS is working fine and 3G etc... i assume I can leave all as it is.

?

Coool, think im gnna wait till tomorrow before i complain to o2 then, nothing to do with their release date ehem lol...

Barge

ROFL just asked my local stores whether they had stocks, and if they had a lot. She said yes, but she couldn't tell me. Haiiii O2 9am! :(

You only know now after your fail!

My store told me stock numbers but he wouldn't put one aside :(

Barge

At £500+ JD, I'll just get myself one. Do you think I'm a CS millionaire? ;)

Tried ringing Durham but the cnuts aren't answering. :dapprove:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

LOL, ive just been to see my 16gb in white.

Its lovely but boxed.

I would take pics but i'd be killed.

Revels Mum & Sister

I have NEVER seen a white iPhone in the flesh!

E87 118d M Sport

16gb white is what i am guna pic.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Barge

LOL, b******s won't tell me how many they have, but he did say if I wanted the 32gb white I'd need to be there for 9am. Meh. I'll be there for 8. ;)

BMW F31

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

White in both flavours from launch.

Im not feeling a 32gb tbh.

Barge

Putting all my moosic on mine from my Touch. If I got for a 16gb I know I'll regret it. As I'm sick of having to delete stuff from my Touch atm.

?

Is stock going to be very limited of these? ie.. will they all sell quickly or are o2 expected to have plenty of stock?

E87 118d M Sport

ive got 18gb of music. 7 of which is regular, so that 7 will go on the iphone. leaves me with 8+gb for everything else. PLENTY! =D