ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One question iPhone/iPT thread.

1.8 Civic EX
Re: iPhone Q&A DONT START ONE QUESTION IPHONE THREADS. **POST HERE**

Well I was thinking of getting an iphone but this thread has just confused/scared me a little...what the hell are you lot talking about?

jailbreaking? not beiong able to change ringtone, can't forward texts, update issues, uninstalling and re installing applications?!? wtf?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Jailbreaking shouldnt be a worry. So cast that aside.

You cannot forward texts.

All the other things you mention aren't relevant.

Citroen DS3 DSport

I've not bothered with jailbreaking my iPhone so no issues with updates for me, ringtones can be changed and customised with a easily downloaded app for the computer. Texts cannot be forwarded but that's something I'd rarely do anyway.

1.8 Civic EX

cool, so it's just techy minded people trying to be clever and causing them selves more issues then? for just a regular user it's all good?

I'm assuming the extra apps you can get come at a cost or are they free?

Citroen DS3 DSport

There are a mix of free and chargeable apps in the App Store.

All is good for a regular user, there is no other phone I'd rather own right now.

1.8 Civic EX

good stuff, I'm gonna call o2 at lunch then and see if I can wangle any deals out of them seeing as I've been with them for bloody years and not really got anything great out of them..

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

you wont if its iphone

1.8 Civic EX

that's what a few people have said but it's gotta be worth a go before going in a paying full price, my contract ends in a couple of weeks so I need to speak with them anyway really..

Formally Clio 182

Can iPhone have it's own forum section?

1.8 Civic EX

oh well, they won't budge on the tarriff, could of discounted the phone but I'm not willing to pay more a month for less minutes/texts that I've already got, instead i went for something completly different but I'm now getting much much more minutes/text, free web browsing for £10 a month cheaper than what I'm on at the moment...happy days

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Cool, but now you have a bad phone.

1.8 Civic EX

yeah probably lol, tbh the web browsing was a free bolt on, the other bolt ons they offered were free calls and texts but there wasn't much point in going for that as with the increase they gave me i'd never run out to warrent using the bolt on, if that makes sense...

clio 1.2 16v,

does any one recon apple will be bringing out soon a newer version im about to buy the 3g but not sure wether to wait a few months see if they bring another out

Citroen DS3 DSport

The iPhone Nano rumours have started again but nothing about a replacement for the 3G, I doubt that will happen before middle to late 2009

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo

02 have offered me the iphone for my upgrade but i cant decide between the iphone or blackberry storm

White Clio 1.2 @ 172

does any one recon apple will be bringing out soon a newer version im about to buy the 3g but not sure wether to wait a few months see if they bring another out

32GB Model is the Rumor. but even us employee's don't get to find out for this reason :rasp: we'd go blabbing on forums etc.

Q: Should I buy an iPhone from another country?

A; For those of you who are thinking about purchasing a legally unlocked iPhone from another country where it is unlocked please don't. Some countries have law's which forbid the locking of phones to one network. People purchase these phone's all the time however if your iPhone becomes faulty and you've purchased the phone from say France and live in England you will not be able to get a replacement iPhone unless you have a pickup & return address in France.

We can only setup repairs in the same country as the phone was purchased in, believe me when I say we know the phones origin and there is no way around the system. Even if you head to an apple store they will provide technical assistance but would be unable to service the phone in any way. So you are effectively buying a phone without a warranty!

if you care that much about unlocking it get a PAYG o2 iPhone and a turbo sim...

Dean.

E39 530i
Lycos Mail on Iphone

Is there a way of setting up an lycos account on a Iphone? I know you can setup a Hotmail account using IzyMail but it there anything for LycosMail? Dont want to have to connect to the web each time just to check my mail.

Veilsided MR2 Rev3 Turbo

Would setup a yahoo account if i was you, as it pushes. Why waste your time with anything else. Forwarding everything to my Yahoo account now so i get it instantly.

E39 530i

Lycos doesnt support forwarding........crap!

Please dont get the blackberry storm it is toss

BMW E46 330i Touring

I've had a quick search through and can't see any answers to a potential problem my missus has, so any advice apreciated...

She recently been getting error messages saying that the accessory she's trying to put with the iphone isn't compatible and asking if she wants to go to Airplane Mode (like when you put it in a dock), even though nothing is anywhere near the phone. She has also had a lot of problems receiving calls, getting text messages and sending texts. Any ideas? It's got the most recent update (2.2?)...

Audi S3 225

I've had a quick search through and can't see any answers to a potential problem my missus has, so any advice apreciated...

She recently been getting error messages saying that the accessory she's trying to put with the iphone isn't compatible and asking if she wants to go to Airplane Mode (like when you put it in a dock), even though nothing is anywhere near the phone. She has also had a lot of problems receiving calls, getting text messages and sending texts. Any ideas? It's got the most recent update (2.2?)...

Most of the older hardware like docking stations, speakers etc arnt fully compatible with the iphone, they may work but wont charge or some just wont work at all. Think its only the new releases that work with the iphone. Thats from my experience anyway. Not too sure about the other probs maybe try restoring the iphone via itunes.

H.Maxim

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FF

Just a quick question about the turbo sim guys, is anyone using/ has used one?
What're your opinions on it? Worth it?

BMW E46 330i Touring

Cheers Jonesy, but nothing's actually plugged into the phone. It seems to be worse when the battery's low - a decent charge last night and it's fine today.

Not a Clio

What's the best iphone case to get? I've just looked in a few places and there seems to be hundreds available for varying prices.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

agent 18 ecoshield

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Btw 3g unlock now live

Renault Sport clio 1

i have this case in white, a little expensive but does the job well!

I got it because you can slide the bottom off to dock it and its hard case not a gel one.

What's the best iphone case to get? I've just looked in a few places and there seems to be hundreds available for varying prices.

I have the SwitchEasy Case Rebel in black, does the job for me, and it comes with a plentiful amount of extras. Its worth heading over to iLounge to look at the reviews for iPhone cases, that's where I did most of my research.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!

i have this case in white, a little expensive but does the job well!

I got it because you can slide the bottom off to dock it and its hard case not a gel one.

Yeh got the same one mines black.....

Best case there is IMO... so slim and alot more grip!!

Not a Clio

I've set a wallpaper but it doesn't seem to display anywhere. What have I missed?

Wallpapers display on the lock screen. Press the button on the top and then again to turn it back on and it should appear.