ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One question iPhone/iPT thread.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Re: iPhone Q&A DONT START ONE QUESTION IPHONE THREADS. **POST HERE**

For an additional £7.34 per month you could always add another 200 anytime minutes or unlimited landline calls if you find 1200 minutes is not enough.

Unless the 3G is much better than the 2G, the battery wont last all day with that usage dude.

Just get a dock for work. Sorted.

ST

Thank you, the info i needed Dan..

I've literally just got my BlackBerry back and working properly in the last hour or so and now i'm swayed again..it seems to be working rather well.

I may just finish my Orange contract and keep the BlackBerry a bit longer and see what Apple bring out in the next few months.

There should be a new one in the summer. So id wait for that TBH.

Lou

As long as you get a dock and car charger you will be fine Alan!
I find I have to charge mine around 3pm and then again overnight!!

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

it has always surprised me battery life has not been sorted on all the ''new'' generation of phones. my old okias from 7-8 years ago used to work for days on end with heavy use.

as per revels, that kind of usage will need you to charge the iphone during the day. but i would expect this of any 3g/mobile/email/internet device tbh.

Clio 182

Just put the carbon keypad on mine via Cydia, looks pretty cool............ Although everyone probably as it....

Anyone know of any good themes, tried the Qauntum Of Solace one quite cool

Polo GTi

Email help if possible?

I have got my iphone setup with 3 mail accounts, Exchange, Hotmail and Gmail, should the phone sync with these properly I mean, if I delete a mail from hotmail on the iphone, should it go from my mailbox and vice versa?

On my exchange account this works fine, but with the hotmail it leaves the message on the phone even though I delete it from my mailbox, I presume this is to do with the iphone using POP3 to grab the hotmail messages and thus downloading them to my phone rather than just querying the mailbox.

Just wondered if this is what should happen or can I use the iphone's mail app to look at my hotmail account like Outlook does via HTTP?

Citroen DS3 DSport

I don't use Hotmail but with Gmail if I read and delete a email on my iPhone then the same thing will happen automatically on the webmail version and vice versa.

Polo GTi

I don't use Hotmail but with Gmail if I read and delete a email on my iPhone then the same thing will happen automatically on the webmail version and vice versa.

Cool yeah just checked the gmail that works a treat, my guess is due to Hotmail using POP3

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Gmail Yahoo! mail etc use IMAP, which makes changes server side too.

Exchange just "works" as you know...

Hotmail uses POP (if its a plus or older account) which is poor to say the least.
There is a decent app for hotmail in the app store, Mboxmail.

1 Series Coupe

iPhone insurance? Anyone got it? Who with?

Citroen DS3 DSport

I opted for the 02 insurance at £7.50 per month

BMW E46 330i Touring

Does anyone know where I can get this range of cases in the UK?

I've done searches/research and there isn't anything that conclusive about unlocking the 3g iPhone...

Is there a conclusive software only method available free of charge? I've seen the websites offering the software for £15+.

Lou

I've done searches/research and there isn't anything that conclusive about unlocking the 3g iPhone...

Is there a conclusive software only method available free of charge? I've seen the websites offering the software for £15+.

Look for software called Yellowsn0w, will only work if you dont have 2.2.1 though!

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member

pm'd :cool:

Mercedes AMG GLE 53

My iphone has suddenly starting saying my password is incorrect when i try to use the app store. It is definately correct :S

Any ideas? Cheers

Last edited:
  BMW E46 330i Touring

Am I right in thinking that nobody (TomTom included) have not yet released a SatNav application for the iPhone? For the love of God, why not?

Am I right in thinking that nobody (TomTom included) have not yet released a SatNav application for the iPhone? For the love of God, why not?

You can use GoogleMaps or something and walk with it. But its not quick enough for car use I dont think.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

For one very simple reason....there's no background apps on the iPhone (unless you jailbreak) and that is a massive requirement for sat nav.

Joe public would not be happy if everytime they answer a phone call in the car then sat nav stops working....not good. "In one hundred metres turn..." (ring ring) oh ffs, turn left or right?! lol

TomTom, ALK, iGo are all fucked until such time that the official SDK permits background apps or until they're given a special SDK from Apple.

BMW E46 330i Touring

I don't really do enough longer driving to warrant TomTom, but it would useful this weekend, for example. I'm surprised they haven't found a way past it, even with Apple's own version (as said, maps doesn't seem quick enough to work with when driving).

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

I don't really do enough longer driving to warrant TomTom, but it would useful this weekend, for example. I'm surprised they haven't found a way past it, even with Apple's own version (as said, maps doesn't seem quick enough to work with when driving).

There is no way around it, the (public) SDK does not build applications that can run in the background. You can jailbreak a device and create apps that run in the background but you won't find TomTom, ALK, iGo etc selling software built with a unnofficial SDK on hacked devices!

Either apple are going to have to give special dispensation to some developers (like TomTom etc) as they already do with google or they're going to have to allow a limited number of SDK applications to run in the background.

All the big boys in the nav world have shown their software running on the iPhone, I suspect we'll see these in the app store sometime around the release of the V3 firmware.

Mercedes AMG GLE 53

Im just getting round to putting some music on my iphone. But ive accidently put all the free crap in itunes on it. Now i cant delete it :( Ive followed the instructions in the manual but it doesnt work cos the list is dull grey so not highlighted.
Any help appreciated

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274

how do you delete songs from the ipod function on the iphone? i'm buggered if i can find out how to do it..

Mercedes AMG GLE 53

Thats what im trying to do. I have the manual in front of me. But still cant do it Grrr

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274

manual? all i got was a very basic leaflet that's as useful as blank sheet of paper...

Mercedes AMG GLE 53

You have to download off off the site. Its 152 A4 pages lol

BMW E46 330i Touring

I think you just untick them and then sync the phone, should remove anything not ticked...?

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274

untick them in itunes or on the iphone?

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274

sorted it - you have to do it through itunes - i had to unplug the phone and re plug it in and register it - didn't do it on the first attempt. once registered you need to set-up the sync settings - this should start automatically.

once you get to the music/ipod bit sync only what you want and the stuff you dont get's removed from the ipod.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member

Jailbroke my phone yesterday after not doing it for month due to various faults with the whole process.

Anyway, i installed winterboard to show a mate what themes etc you can use. then when done un-installed it again.

Now its f00ked the b4stard phone program, when you press the phone icon the program launches and the crashes again. Rebooted, reset all settings etc to no avail.

Am i going to have to restore my iphone yet again? or is there any other options

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!

^^Why do peeps jailbreak the phone??? Just to unlock it?? seems pretty pointless otherwise imo

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member

i didnt jailbreak to unlock it, its locked on 02 just as its always been. I jailbroke to get the extra programs etc

Assumption=fail

Jailbreak and unlock are totally different things.

I only jailbreak for themes + Swirly.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member

although i must admit im sick of various problems i have had with the jailbreak + this one as above. So im going back to standard AGAIN