ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

One question iPhone/iPT thread.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Re: iPhone Q&A DONT START ONE QUESTION IPHONE THREADS. **POST HERE**

A Apple store will give you a replacement immediately, o2 will probably want to send the phone away.

Lee, that's the correct place to determine the firmware version.

Lee

BMW M2C

A Apple store will give you a replacement immediately, o2 will probably want to send the phone away.

Lee, that's the correct place to determine the firmware version.

As I thought, it's identical to mine. The camera must be shafted.

Citroen DS3 DSport

How does her phone handle photos that are sent to her and then saved into her gallery? The faulty firmware downgraded the quality of these too.

Lee

BMW M2C

How does her phone handle photos that are sent to her and then saved into her gallery? The faulty firmware downgraded the quality of these too.

I shall find out. Thanks.

Thinking about it, even saved images from LOLCats look s**t.

Is there a link to a fix?

BMW F31

i have the same problem, friend emailed me a photo and the res when it was downloaded to my iphone was shite.

Citroen DS3 DSport

It's the firmware version, can't remember which version that was but it annoyed me for a short while last year before they fixed it in a future version.

Lee

BMW M2C

It's the firmware version, can't remember which version that was but it annoyed me for a short while last year before they fixed it in a future version.

Her phone appears to be running the same version as mine though.

Mk2 Golf GTI

So... If i buy PAYG i get free web and wi-fi, is this including unlimited web data?

PAYG seems to be the way to go tbh, if Apple are going to release a new phone every 12 months it seems silly to get tied into an 18 month contract.

But then i dont use my phone that much so dont need mega mins & txts

Yup. Free Wifi & data for 12months with the iPhone PAYG sim.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

PAYG seems to be the way to go, with the S.

That's what i'd be doing, if I didn't already have a 3G.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Re: iPhone Software 3.0 - Out 17/6 & iPhone 3GS - Out 19/6

If the 3GS is shipping with the GM version, will todays release be any different?

It's what was released to manufacture, so it'll be on all new 3G and 3GS hardware coming out of the factory now.

Unless there was some horrific problem with it (which would obviously affect all 3GS currently waiting to be delivered), I'd wager that 7A341 is what you'll all be downloading later. (or attempting to download...slowly! lol)

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

Hurry up 6pm!! goddamnit!!!

Seriously, it's not that exciting! lol

MMS is useful and cut and paste, is well, there. (I've not actually used it other than to try it). SMS forwarding is more useful.

SchwepTek™

Seriously, it's not that exciting! lol

MMS is useful and cut and paste, is well, there. (I've not actually used it other than to try it). SMS forwarding is more useful.

Mine defo feels slower with 3.0!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

Mine defo feels slower with 3.0!

Not noticed that personally in the GM. Some of the betas were rather ropey, but all the issues I had with the betas have been solved.

Mk2 Golf GTI

Kewl, might just do it then. It'll still be worth a couple of hundred i expect anyway, if they do an upgrade this time next year.

With the PAYG bolt-ons, can you add and remove them as and when you'd like?

With the PAYG bolt-ons, can you add and remove them as and when you'd like?

Nope..

http://www.o2.co.uk/explore/tariffs/paygo

Thats the PAYG ones. Those apply to the iPhone and you'll still get visual voicemail and the free wifi/3G.

If you want the bolt ons, then you need http://shop.o2.co.uk/sim-only-simplicity

Which will mean you can bolt things on but you'll have to pay for the internet and you'll have no visual voicemail.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Not noticed that personally in the GM. Some of the betas were rather ropey, but all the issues I had with the betas have been solved.

The GM is faster. without a doubt.

B3 was the worst!

Mk2 Golf GTI

I'll pop into 02/Apple and see what i can work out. Used 16gb 3Gs are still going for over £300 now so should get a decent amount of wedge back when the next new model comes out.

Last question for now. Is wifi free is using it at home? IE after 12 months if i dont carry on with the web/data bundle, will i still be able to use it free from my BT homehub?

Yeh, your home one is fine.

They mean like those Cloud things. Ones in Stackbucks/McDonalds.. That sort of thing.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

The GM is faster. without a doubt.

B3 was the worst!

Yeah, I think that was the version where I had all the problems with the messages application, it was crashing all the time.

B5 introduced a problem with the font alignment in the sms edit box, but thankfully they fixed that.

Still don't like the fact that the SMS message box fills up to the top of the screen now, before you could scroll and refer back to the conversation easily, now you have to hit edit and then scroll. Not a biggie, just preferred it the old way.

182, turbo rx8, 911

Tell all your friends it's being released at 10pm that way we can be in first and get a nice quick download!

Mk2 Golf GTI

Thanks babes ;)

Do cases = gay? I'm a dropper when it comes to phones! THey all look pretty bulky though. I've got an icebox for my touch which is good, but then it's still probably thinner than an iphone without the case

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Unless you know several million people, I don't think that'll matter too much.

182, turbo rx8, 911

But seeing as this thread has had 17k views if each person knew 10 people with an iphone that would 170k people :p

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Meh. I have to pay $10 for my update on iPod Touch.

Still, might as well, eh?

Technically you could get it free, Scutchio.

You just need the IPSW which is probably on rapid share, well it will be in a few hours.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Its already on there tbh.

Citroen DS3 DSport

I'm considering selling my 16gb 3G now that a full unlock is available for the baseband I am running. Should sell easily and then buy the 3GS on PAYG and use my contract sim.

Lee

BMW M2C

I'm considering selling my 16gb 3G now that a full unlock is available for the baseband I am running. Should sell easily and then buy the 3GS on PAYG and use my contract sim.

That's crossed my mind a few times!! My phone is as good as new too.