ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OnePlus One, anyone got one?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Always enjoy your posts regarding those phones. Same with a few others on here that are techy! You guys know some stuff! :eek:

work for BMW
Anyone got a spare invite? Have never heard of this phone before now but it reminds me of the nexus 4 when it was new. Not popular but mega spec and half the price of the big boys!

None here sorry - if it's worth anything you can get them on eBay I think for around a tenner now. :]

I think at the end of this month they're going to start opening orders to everyone though, so hopefully price of invites will reduce until then.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
There is when you only really use Google Music on trains and the phone reception is terrible
My point exactly. What about spotify? Is it only the pro version you can download? What good is streaming music in a car when you hit a dead spot?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
You hit the "Keep on device" button on the albums you're actually going to listen to, you can do this in Google All Music and Spotify, plays local. You can free up the space by unticking them and simply switch albums by hitting the keep on device again.

Works like a charm.

work for BMW
None here sorry - if it's worth anything you can get them on eBay I think for around a tenner now. :]

I think at the end of this month they're going to start opening orders to everyone though, so hopefully price of invites will reduce until then.
Had a quick look on ebay and there was only one invite which had expired :(
I have been half heartedly trying to find a new phone but not willing to spend the samsung money when my nexus 4 is just as good , this Oneplus One looks perfect

Hmm yeah you're right, they must have stop sending out invites due to the upcoming pre-order changes, when I got mine there were absolutely LOADS on ebay, now I guess there's only a handful left - looks like a waiting game now :(.

There is when you only really use Google Music on trains and the phone reception is terrible
You hit the "Keep on device" button on the albums you're actually going to listen to, you can do this in Google All Music and Spotify, plays local. You can free up the space by unticking them and simply switch albums by hitting the keep on device again.

Works like a charm.
This. Put on the phone and remove at your leisure.

work for BMW
just bought an invite on ebay and ordered the phone. Fingers crossed its as good as everyone says.. 5.5" gonna be big..too big?

Nice!

Nah not at all, I got used to it within an hour and wondered why I ever used a phone smaller xD - I also wasn't too keen on the size when it arrived (forgot it was a 5.5"er)

I went back to my S4 to flash the stock firmware and it felt like I was holding a phone for ants lol.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Premium only?
With Google play you have to pay a subscription for the music. There's no free and premium service. If you stop paying then all of the music you have cached on your phone disappears. It will re appear if you subscribe again though.
With Spotify you can stream over wifi but can't download them unless you have a premium account iirc. You can also only skip 5 tracks if using the free service and it plays your library/artist on random.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Go on.

Spotify? The offline mode confuses me slightly.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
If you already have tracks on your phone which you have got from your computer /elsewhere, they will stay on your phone.
You can't use Google play streaming for free. It's called All access and it's a monthly subscription service at £9.99 per month.

Have a read up on it. It's a pretty good service with a lot of music out there. I just dont listen to music enough on my phone anymore to pay a tenner a month.

Edit. All that is in relation to Play music.

Spotify is no good unless you go premium imo. I've tried a two month trial and while it keeps your download music after the trial ends, you can't choose which song you want to play. It plays them at random and includes adverts.

2014 Focus Titanium
I subscribed to Google Music when it first launched so I still get it for 7.99 and I wouldn't be without it now.

I play music in my car via Bluetooth, then come home and stream to my Denon AVR. Huge selection of music on there, it's extremely rare I can't find a song (can't remember the last time).

The only downside is that everything is 320kbps mp3 which doesn't get the best out of my system, so if I really want to listen to something in lossless then I have to go and source FLAC, but for general use it's excellent!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Yeah, we've got both Google Music and Spotify, there are artists that appear on one that don't on the other.

Wife uses my spotify account on her phone in offline mode, just has to authorise every 30 days so it keeps working. Both Google & Spotify are hooked into our sonos, we can literally play anything at the drop of the hat.

It's a neat setup.

How anybody manages with non premium spotify is beyond me, it's irritating as f**k!

I tend to listen more to mixes and live stuff than recorded stuff now-a-days, both of which sadly do not really appear on Spotify nor Google Music :]

I guess it depends what you listen to though, if it's just albums then that'd be perfect!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You're so techy! I dislike being a spaz at anything but I think indepth tech may just be beyond my learning curve. Anything else I pick up easy.

Google music is interesting but... I don't think i'd get the use out of it. I'll keep it simple with downloaded music.

I don't pay the subscription. All I have done is upload all my music to google music on my home pc. When I access it from my phone I have either the option to stream it or download it to add to my phone.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I don't pay the subscription. All I have done is upload all my music to google music on my home pc. When I access it from my phone I have either the option to stream it or download it to add to my phone.

Ah I see.
Yes, you can upload all of your music to your phone that is on your pc and stream it/download to device for free.
If you want to stream music from Google Play, tracks you don't already have, then you need to pay a monthly fee.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Pics with your phone... oh wait, pics with... oh no one owns a camera anymore!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I'll try later!

Everything screams premium and quality from the phone, even the packaging is awesome. The feel of the phone is amazing, love the soft touch feel on the back.

Got everything installed on it now, need to do a little bit more setting up but I'm very impressed. Switching back to my N4 the screen seems tiny!

:) yeah - it's weird how quickly you get used to it isn't it!?

The only thing I don't like is the charger, because it's an EU-based charger and you get an adapter to for the UK. If they have a UK charger it'd be awesome!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Yeah, the charger is a bit of a beast with the adaptor....doesn't really bother me though.

It's hard to explain just how premium this phone feels, especially considering the price. It has to be bargain of the century.

Now what to do with 64GB as I'm used to 8! What crap can I put on it? lol

Haha good luck filling it - no idea!

I've apparently got 1.6gb of Audio, 4.2Gb of apps, and a few other things (rom downloads etc) but I've only used 10gb.. (and that's with TitaniumBackup backing everything up too lol).

Oh that reminds me - one thing I highly recommend: ORZLY 0.3mm tempered glass screen protector - you can't even tell its on, but provides good protection (being glass), and is way less smeary than the actual glass :) I found the normal glass was pretty bad at showing fingerprints.