ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OnePlus One, anyone got one?

Mini JCW
Regarding price :
Z3 = £23 pm over the 24 month duration (free handset)
OPO = £24.66 over the 24 month duration (giff gaff 4g sim)

Just wondered why people chose this over say the Z3 or M8. Rooting doesn't massively interest me, but hopefully they'll roll out the OS updates quicker than 3rd party providers (3, O2, EE etc).

Seen it's available on the OPO website but Euros only, is that the correct site or am I looking for a UK based handset? (apologies for the n00bish questions).

So with the prices being pretty much similar would that / should that make the decision more equal / straightforward?

Mini JCW
I've got my preorder ready for Monday night as there's a one hour window where they're on sale (1600 - 1700 hours GMT).

64gb black with flip case and express delivery.

Would you guys recommend a tempered glass screen protector as opposed to a acetate one?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I went for the standard screen protector. Applicator was brilliant and got it on first time without any air bubbles.

Just be aware that on the last pre-order, the site went down for the first hour, but then they extended it. So if it happens again, don't give up after the hour is up :)

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Regarding price :
Z3 = £23 pm over the 24 month duration (free handset)
OPO = £24.66 over the 24 month duration (giff gaff 4g sim)

Just wondered why people chose this over say the Z3 or M8. Rooting doesn't massively interest me, but hopefully they'll roll out the OS updates quicker than 3rd party providers (3, O2, EE etc).

Seen it's available on the OPO website but Euros only, is that the correct site or am I looking for a UK based handset? (apologies for the n00bish questions).

So with the prices being pretty much similar would that / should that make the decision more equal / straightforward?
I got the 1+1 as I don't like being locked into a contract and its half the price of the z3 with all the features I need. I didn't need a phone that can take picture underwater or use a PS4 controller with.

Also the 1+1 run cyanogenmod out of the box, which is bloody brilliant - not bloatware and super quick, and so far it hasn't slowed down on me like other android phones have.

Mini JCW
Cheers guys!

Seen a few comments on AVforums re: poor customer service and can be a bit pot luck as to getting a good handset - the only things putting me off really!

I had one, was so excited then I changed from Revolution HD ROM to Cyanogenmod nightly build. It feels like I have a new phone (HTC One M7) in essense cyanogenmod saved me buying a device endorsed by cyanogenmod. It happily outperforms the iPhones of late [emoji16].

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm still debating this. It's a no brainer as far as phone tech is concerned for me, but I don't know if I can bring myself to switch to android after using iOS (jailbroken) for so long!

Clio 197
Currently got a iPhone 4 and considering this as an option. However at 5.5 inch screen , it seems a little too big for me

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
regarding it being too big, every other phone seems too small to me now after using this for a month!

Still loving it. Had one problem where my voice was sounding like I was underwater, but it seems to have been caused by my call recorder as its not doing it now its disabled.

battery life is still tops :up: had music playing all day yesterday (12 hours or so) on spotify and still had over half battery left. Would never have got that on my HTC Sensation!