ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

online data storage

307 hdi (powered by derv)
Hi All,
Is there any reliable web sites where i can store and access data for an unlimited period. Want to upload my pictures, docs, and music etc etc while i re format the laptop. Buring to cd keeps going tits up and i dont have an external hd at the mo.

Thanks
Shaw

Last edited:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
How much data we talking? I used a program that used google mail as a online hard drive.

Polo + Micra
10Gb is got to take a while to upload (about a day at 128Kib/s upload)

be cheaper probably to get like a 16Gb usb stick

Buy an external hard drive.

1. It will be alot easier
2. youl always get the use out of it
3. you can do regular backups incase the laptop goes tits up at any point

DMS

A thirsty 172
Yeah eBuyer have got some 1TB external hard drives for £49.99 at the minute. Think they're USB 2.0.

Lots of people use Jungle Disk it seems... altho, I never would use a third party to store my data (I'm weird)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
I'm sure there is some software which allows you to upload your stuff to multiple gmail accounts..

Saying that, a single gmail account is pushing 7.3 Gig now ! so you would only need a couple. Upload will take a decade of course.

You would be quicker/easier to dump your stuff on a 16GB flash drive and post it to gmail ;)

307 hdi (powered by derv)
Cheers all, looks like my best option is to bite the bullit andbuy an external hd.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
thought I'd resurrect this thread rather than start a new one on the same topic.

I work from home (well office in garden) doing CAD drawings and currently have two portable hard drives that back my work on to. One is kept at my house (not in the office) and one is keep elsewhere and updated approx once a month. I currently have 3 copies of 5 years worth of work over 2 hard drives and a laptop.

I'm thinking of using online data storage to make short term back ups easier/more convenient.

First question would be which are best and secondly how long would it take to back up say approx 500mb of data (I know internet upload speed will pay a big factor in this).