ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Only god knows how, but my friend and I walked away from this.....

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Swerved to avoid *something* in road, a rabbit I think. road was icy=game over.

Yeah sure, that's the story for the police and the insurance company.

Now just between us, what's the truth?

One of the jobs I've done in my life is crash investigation, and I can tell you that one of the ways the experts judge whether a driver is telling the truth is whether the story they are telling lacks detail, then when they are questioned and they realise they're not being believed they invent it. "It must've been a ..." The police and the insurance company claims people will be thinking to themselves that if your story was the truth you'd know what it was you swerved to avoid. That no-one swerves so hard to avoid a small animal like a rabbit that they lose control and roll their car. A large object or a large animal, one that your reflexes would immediately identify as a threat, definitely, but a small animal, definitely not.

Last edited:
Swerved to avoid *something* in road, a rabbit I think. road was icy=game over.

Yeah sure, that's the story for the police and the insurance company.

Now just between us, what's the truth?

One of the jobs I've done in my life is crash investigation, and I can tell you that one of the ways the experts judge whether a driver is telling the truth is whether the story they are telling lacks detail, then when they are questioned and they realise they're not being believed they invent it. "It must've been a ..." The police and the insurance company claims people will be thinking to themselves that if your story was the truth you'd know what it was you swerved to avoid. That no-one swerves so hard to avoid a small animal like a rabbit that they lose control and roll their car. A large object or a large animal, one that your reflexes would immediately identify as a threat, definitely, but a small animal, definitely not.

Good point Gord. I'd tell the 5-0 you swerved to avoid something bigger!

I never did believe that kiddy that said he flipped his Clio at 30mph..... Maybe I'm wrong. I just cant see it happening..

Lem

Clio 182
Can't believe other people have done this as well, i did it in my fiesta zetec s and to be honest it didnt scare me simply because it happens so fast, glad your alright though mate. on the up side i've joined the clio 182 club with a nice black and gold car.

couldnt agree more about the kneejerk reaction though, bring back fox hunitng i recon lol,

only kidding

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
know what you mean mate these lil Clio's can be quite strong when they need to be...

badday.gif

:D

Wow, how lucky is that.. to crash in a scrapyard..

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i nearly roled my car swerving to avoid a merc lol

but nah if u jerk the wheel hard enough to avoid anything, and the back the other way equally as hard you can roll your car