ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Open ended M14x1.5 locking wheel nuts

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I want to stick some wheel studs on my Megane

The issue is I'm paranoid some c**t will have away with my wheels. I'm really struggling to find some decent M14X1.5 open-ended locking wheel nuts to use because I'll be using bullet tip studs so the locking socket needs to be deep or have a opening in itself. See pic below for an example

1606351608531.png

^^ These are £150!!!! f**k that

I did think about getting these and just drilling the centre of the locking tool out

1606351716590.png

Anyone found proper ones in black that don't cost the world? If not I'll get ham fisted with the above ones

Cheers

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Locking nuts like the ones you want will take as long as the normal nuts to remove.

They're really not worth the space they take up.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
It deters petty criminals which is the main thing. The same way a padlock stops people coming into my garage 😂

Any substantial criminal would just cut it off, a r****d would look at it and go "Oh well, don't have bolt cutters with me"

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Do people still nick wheels? I can't remember the last time I saw a car on bricks.... I can remember the last three times I couldn't find the locking wheel key though 😂

Birds car, locking key not where it should have been, she denies all knowledge but has MOT and duff tyre. Many hours later I get the wheel off, tyre changed, all done. Her locking key was in my glove box FFFFFFFFS, so not only did I waste nearly a while day on it, but it was totally my fault.

Although at some point all the cats will run out, and seeing as it looks like the economy is arseholed I'm sure the lower end of thieving scum will be back to wheels in no time.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
They don't stop anyone who has ever nicked a set of wheels before. Really you're targeting the rank amateurs here.

You know yourself how easy they are to remove.

Touring_Rob

ClioSport Club Member
They don't stop anyone who has ever nicked a set of wheels before. Really you're targeting the rank amateurs here.

The spinny ones recessed into stupid Citroen holes aren't haha.... but the normal ones yea, loads of universal keys sets available too if your seriously into it.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member

Aye but its the rank amateurs that get 2 wheels off, drop the car off on its disks, get the jack stuck and bend the sills, then f**k off with 2 wheels leaving me with a free jack and a written off car😂

Proper thieves assess the car and leave you a neat stack of bricks and you're only a set of wheels down 😂

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
People don't take wheels cos most cars have lockers on em. Same with radios, you can bend a corsa B door with a well timed fart, stick your hand in and get the headunit. Nowadays you need a bank job crew to open the door and even then you need 16 different radio keys, security torx, 30ml of Holy water, an air hammer, 12 tins of custard and the might of Zeus to steal a radio😂😂