ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opening Rear Windows on a 3dr Mk2 Clio

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
Myself and 3 others are taking part in the Mongol Rally 2012 (where we're driving about 9'500 miles to Mongolia), and I was looking at seeing if anyone here knows anywhere which might be able to alter the back windows on the 3door clio (mk 2), so that it can have the hinge system, just so that when we're travelling through the middle of kazahkstan, we can get a little bit more ventilation in car.

I've seen it done in England once before, but at the time had no interest of doing it myself, so never thought to stop and ask.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
4lb-Club-Hammer-pop.jpg

clio 1.2 16v dynamiq
Looks good, but any thoughts on how to actually do it yourself (not really bothered if they're manual)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Personally.... use two hinges on the "front" and then clip hinge on the other side etc like a lot of other cars do. 106's etc.

I'm pretty sure you could just glue the hinges to the windows rather than try to drill anything.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
take the hinges and seals from a mk1 and use them on the mk2, bond the clips to the window and hope the seal is roughly the same size!!

however opening rear windows gives another place for water to get in and start to rot the shell!! (iirc the mk1s had a massive rot issue due to the opening rear windows!)