ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Operating temperatures (oil + coolant)

Clio II 172 RS Ph1
Hiya,
I was wondering what the normal operating temperatures are for a Clio II RS Phase 1. My coolant temp indicator on my dash sits just under the middle (1 circle down from the middle).

I have also installed a Raid HP oil temp gauge with Raid HP sensor (via sandwich plate under the oil filter) and it shows 80-85 degrees Celsius with normal driving.

Is this normal behaviour? Also, I dont have any sludge under the oil filler cap. Thx!

Teg
Mines a 182 so my water temp gauge is different to your phase 1.

With oil temp... Normal town driving is usually around 80 degrees, then with a constant cruising speed of around 80mph the temperature will increase to 85 to 90 degrees Celsius... On track I've never seen it go above 112 degrees.

Clio II 172 RS Ph1
I fitted a new thermostat and CTS sensor not too long ago. Waiting for Bluetooth OBD to come in so I can monitor the temp level via Torque or so.