ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions please.... To sell or not to sell!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
  clio 172
Hi fellow CS lovers

I'm in a bit of a pickle with cars! Ive had my 172 around 6 months now, have owned one before and admit they are great fun.

I have a company car 24/7 I pay very little to use and had this when I bought the Clio, but I'm getting a bit fed up running two cars now. I also have a feeling I would see it as worth it if it was quicker but it will only go so fast :( Storage for the Clio is an issue with buying a house soon.

I've done some basic upgrades to the Clio:

Pipercross induction kit
Sportex cat-back exhaust (got it cheap second hand, standard one snapped)
Polybushed lower mount
Stripped rear
Lowered on eibach sportlines
Carbon dipped cup spoiler
Removed rear wiper
16" anthracite pro race 1.2 team dynamics (fantastic condition, not a mark on them)

I've done various bits, oil change, balljoint, track rod end, pads all around so it is in decent nick.

84000 miles, head was rebuilt in 2011, history up to then, not a huge amount after but only around 25k since then. Not ideal but a lot better than some! Belts are due in around 6 months, that's the only thing I can think needs doing.

So, I guess I'm asking do I sell? How hard will it be to sell in that condition? I do still have all the interior. How much is it worth?

Or do I just feel like this because I was up until 3am after discovering the e46 m3 is around 8k??

Will put pics up a bit later on, please help folks I just don't know what to do!

Clio Sport 172
Do you have any pics of your alloys as I've got a set of them but in white and was thinking of anthracite

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Stick the interior back in it and try bump it on via eBay, you might get lucky.

Realistically it needs a good 600 quid in belts and stuff soon, so hopefully you can find someone on eBay who doesn't know that.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
An 8k m3 will be ropey. Sounds like u want to sell, so sell.

clio 172
Do you have any pics of your alloys as I've got a set of them but in white and was thinking of anthracite

Didn't realise I had to upload pics elsewhere and link them here, on my phone so will do it tomorrow

Stick the interior back in it and try bump it on via eBay, you might get lucky.

Realistically it needs a good 600 quid in belts and stuff soon, so hopefully you can find someone on eBay who doesn't know that.

Yeah that's an option. Putting the interior back in will be such a pain in the arse ha

An 8k m3 will be ropey. Sounds like u want to sell, so sell.

Think you are probably right. Tax runs out end of month too....

The belts will chip your selling price..

I know mate, expected really. Sadly I won't see the 600 back if I did it to help the sale. id just get them done if that was the case.

Surely for what you'll get there is no point in selling?
Probably lol.

Cheers for the responses.

So. Rough estimates ? Would £1400-1500 seem fair? Not expecting a lot, it's a clio after all.

Might just throw her on eBay! One things for sure, I cannot be arsed putting the interior back in!!

PH2 RS172
£1400 - £1500 list price knocked down to £1200ish with good pictures and write up and the fact that most buyers wont be off cs and be clued up about cambelts. last 2/3 clios i sold on ebay all left in a cloud of smoke on the limiter... that type of buyer doesnt give a to55 about cambelts. my pref is to park it on grass somewhere decent and list it as a classified advert on ebay (£15 for a month) with no phone number just ebay messages only (anyone serious will ask for your number via messages). ive never had a car sat longer than 10 days out of about 45 cars ive sold. personally wouldnt bother with auctions / buy-it-now listings as they generally attract timewasters that dont show and ebay will still bill you for the final sale price which is what a lot of people dont realise till bill day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.