ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions please

Clio 200 Cup
Im thinking about chopping my year old 200 Cup in for a late V6. Either that or an Exige, but Im leaning towards Clio v6.

Any thoughts?

I walk to work so fuel economy is a non-issue.

Present 200 is on a PCP so I'd have to buy through a dealer and have the finance settled, not a big issue to me.

No flaming please - I know how good the 200 Cup is, part of me just fancies something unusual.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
horses for courses really-

A totally different car to drive- the vee will be quicker but not quite as nimble - you dont buy a vee for speed though-

You will however lose a fair bit either way- especially on a vee out of a dealer as not many people sell them- WSSC sell a lot of vees' & hes a real muppet- stuck up!

best of luck
S

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Imo, it all depends on what you want the car for. If you want it for track days, spirited weekend driving and all that, buy an Exige.

If you want a car where every journey is an event, people take pictures of you driving down the road and the whole petrol station asking you if its a williams... (knobs) then buy a V6. I've had a V6 and it really is a special car.

Lionel Richie
coming from someone who has driven EVERYTHING under the sun, Murcielago's, F430, 360, galardos, AMV8, DB9, Vanquish, Atom, 7, Viper, scooby, evo, tvr, KTM, porsche etc etc

NOTHING compares to a V6, its not as fast as the above granted, but form an "experience" point of view there is NOTHING like it! Hard to describe, but i was regularly at the wheel of a murcielago for 2 years.................................the V6 was more memorable!

no 172/182 owner will ever "get" the V6, as they think their car is as fast, its not! I doubt their shopping trolley would keep with a gallardo now would it? Been there done that (ok i had to push HARD! But it was kept in sight!)

Clio 200 Cup
A passionate contribution Fred!

Im leaning towards the V6 - I'll look at this more seriously in the new year.

I've noticed Phase 1 V6's for less than £8k, are they generally dogs at this price? I guess my budget would be around the £14k to £16k mark - is this realistic to get a good one?

How different is the Phase 2 V6? I read somewhere that the handling was improved over the comparatively edgy Phase 1 - is this bollox or is the Phase 2 actually better?

Cheers :)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Go drive them both... then make your own mind up. Unless you're asking 'cars I could buy for £5k and I do 30k a year' type questions, no one on here is going to tell you how to make your mind up !

I personally love Exiges and don't really 'get' the V6 but I've driven neither so my opinion is null and void.

:evil:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Mk2 Vee all the way, I love them. However I'd need some Trendlines and a 197 steering wheel in it

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
I'd love a Phase2 V6. They look and sound awesome. I think the Ph2 is probably a better car to drive hard than the Ph1. It's a slightly wider and longer car and better balanced. From what I've been told the Ph1's were very light on the front and had a tendency to understeer when pushed hard. I'd love to get chance to drive both models. Maybe one day.