ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions?

mk2 1.2 16v
Ok so I'm looking at getting a new camera for x-mas (only a compact, wouldnt know what to do with a dslr! lol).

I'm planning on heading down to jessops within the next couple of days to see what I make of three that I have narrowed it down to so far and quite like the look of.
Before I do though I was just wondering if anybody had any experience/opinions of them or any other suggestions worth looking at?

Here they are in order of my own personal preference from what I can tell about them on the inter-web:
1. Panasonic Lumix DMC TZ5
2. Panasonic Lumix DMC FX37
3. Sony Cybershot DSC W300

Thanks in advance :)
Graham

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
What's your budget, and what kind of photos do you mainly think you will be taking ?

There's an enormous range of cameras and budget to suit every need these days !

:)

mk2 1.2 16v
What's your budget, and what kind of photos do you mainly think you will be taking ?

There's an enormous range of cameras and budget to suit every need these days !

:)

I'd say around £150 - £200. Tbh the majority will probably be holiday snaps or similar, just want something that can deliver really good quality pics without being overly bulky or complicated whilst still being able to be a bit creative

I'd probably get the FX37 for the wider focal length.

Yeah I saw that too, but not being educated in this sort of thing I wasn't sure how much difference the extra 3mm would make over the TZ5 (TZ5 is 28mm compared to 25mm for the FX37)? Especially as the TZ5 has a much bigger range of focal length overall.

172 mk2 Iceberg
I have the TZ5 as my travel compact as it does the job well......

Not bad for a compact........ very easy to pick up and shoot in a lot of diff situations with its different modes

Bit of a shutter delay but i guess you get that with most compacts..

Amazing Lcd 3 inch screen and the 10x zoom is good in day light