ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Opinions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Putting a carbon bonnet on your car Chris will make the baby jesus cry. Car looks perfect as is, well only one ting i'd do is either get a standard front diamond or paint with rear diamond white to match.

p.s. I'll give you £50 for the bonnet ;)

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
You're making the right decision Chris, why change something that looks perfect.

It looked really good at Oulton compared to my old shed of a 172!

DCi 100
You're making the right decision Chris, why change something that looks perfect.

It looked really good at Oulton compared to my old shed of a 172!

That's because you never EVER cleaned your wheels until you sold the car! ;)

320d
Doing the right thing getting it mint again.

I admire your commitment to keeping it mint, I just don't think i'm cut out to have a mint car.

Give me the bonnet for my race car and I will permit you a 2 x2 sq inch sticker space on the race car. Right next to T5PHY's efforts ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
The bonnet will be sold as soon as I've got it. I'll bump this thread with a link to the advert.

Should be next week sometime.

Owen

ClioSport Admin
It's the right choice keeping the wheels white Chris. What colour are you painting the engine parts?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Fred has already painted my rocker cover and engine mount/cambelt cover matte black. So I need to paint my fuel rail guard and upper inlet the same colour. Then I need to buy a black 90-degree elbow and put the standard airbox back in, then put my gloss carbon engine cover back.

Should look nice and stealthy, but with the shiny carbon on top. I'm not really into the whole polished look.

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Know what you mean mate, need to paint my rocker cover/engine mount now that the car is on ITB's as it's really letting the bay down. Not sure on whether to go matte black or VHT silver (which i like because it looks OEM)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Aw. At least you're not moaning about it.

Went down to Car Cosmetics in Trafford Park today (Thanks Seb) and they've quoted me for painting the front bumper, rear bumper, bonnet and wings, removing all the dings and they'll throw in a free machine polish.

I've booked it in for the first week in March. Should give me time to get the other cosmetic niggles sorted. Better get my finger out.

Lionel Richie
DSC_0036-1.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Perfection. Mine'll be the same after Saturday... but all black + a carbon cover I have.

Anyone knnow the best place to buy a Samco elbow like that? One that I can use with the OEM airbox.

LY 182
Aw. At least you're not moaning about it.

Went down to Car Cosmetics in Trafford Park today (Thanks Seb) and they've quoted me for painting the front bumper, rear bumper, bonnet and wings, removing all the dings and they'll throw in a free machine polish.

I've booked it in for the first week in March. Should give me time to get the other cosmetic niggles sorted. Better get my finger out.

Mind telling me the cost, via PM if you prefer? I'm guessing it might vary for LY though, being a pig to match and all that.

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Chris - drop Timsmeganer26 a pm, he sells the samco elbows now and again in the FS section. I got mine off him, brand new, for shall we say quite a good price.

Also interested in what they quoted you (thinking of getting the same parts done on mine, and wouldn't mind knowing for a rough estimate)

Have a look on eBay Gopher. If you feel you need a Forge/Samco one, fair enough. But there are some great 4ply (rather than 5) Hong Kong specials that are well trusted by tuners on AudiSport with cars running in excess of 350hp. Every little towards the respray and all that.

You need to see an optician.

I see what you did there.

Owen

ClioSport Admin
I loved the look of black wheels on mine, only changed them because some 2118's came up on here

Status
Not open for further replies.