ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Options with puncture.

Just went to inspect my back tyre which looked flat, I thought a kerb was just deceiving me, but it is indeed flat.

Found a shard of metal about the size of a 5p coin stuck in it, but its below the tread line. I've left it in.

The car just had 4 new tyres fitted, so i'm pretty pissed. I've pumped it back up for now, I've got no light and nowhere sensible to swap the wheel over for the spare, so It'll have to wait until its in the carpark at work tomorrow to do it (not ideal, I know)

Just wanted to hear some recommendations for options really, i feel I've got the following choices:
  • Buy online one of the same tyre (http://lovetyres.com/tyre/Avon-ZV5/185-55-15?gclid=CMLE6vDb2rgCFfLHtAodaR0AvQ) and try to find somewhere to fit and balance it cheaply. Im swaying towards this option.
  • Buy a budget and get it fitted.
  • Or is it possible to get a good permanent repair? The tyre is a month old so it's annoying if I have to get rid, and cant really afford to pay out again.
Noob question, but would appreciate some opinions. cheers.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
if its in the centre 3/4 of the tread and has not been run flat its possible to get it repaired.

This is the lovely shard that payed me a visit:
994542_10151589509493233_704312630_n.jpg

935846_10151589509553233_1626700669_n.jpg

​I imagine I should be able to get it repaired tomorrow.