ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Options...

Volvo S60 D5

Was having a think today, whilst bored at work...

Currently I have a 53-reg Dynamique 1.4 with climate, I love it - its lived up to my expectations and more. However, when my renewal comes round (late 2004) I have two options.

1) Keep my Clio.

2) Sell the Clio and get an older phase 1 (?) 172. I reckon, after looking at Autotrader, that I could sell my Dynamique and purchase an older 172 for the same money, maybe have a little left over. The Dynamique is not on finance or loan.

Do you think its wise to trade in a 1 year old car which will have about 9k on the clock for an 4 year old 172 with about 50k on it?

Obviously the 172 will be more powerful and more fun, but is it worth the risk of it previously being abused/not looked after and the fact that the running costs (insurance mainly - im 20) will be a lot highter!

Clio1400

best thing id say is get some insurence quotes first on the 172 if u can afford to run one ie fuel /tax/insurence etc go for it