ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Orange wheel ****ed...

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Finally managed to catch a shot of me with one wheel up...but it was the AO32's that made me do it LOL.

Had a really good day at Castle Combe on Friday, met a couple of forum users for the first time, and big thanks to TomS who helped me in my time of need (see the last picture :( ).

CCTD1609050292.jpg

CCTD1609050282.jpg

100_3487.jpg

Golf R/Leon FR
yeah just need the id number, that happened to me a few wks back when i was fixing my bro's car!!!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Fantastic Nik. Don't think I've come anywhere near to leaning on them properly yet, but the extra speed I could carry at turn-in took some getting used to.

Once the nose was over the whole thing refused to budge, and I was back on the power almost immediately after turning in (porbably because I was turning in way to slow!).

I did get it moving about a bit a few times, but it took severe provacation and trail-braking to get the back hanging out. Once there it was nice an progressive though.

I've changed my mind about them not being worth £148 a corner now... :D

Vee dub
Cheers for the spin in the Cup mark, had a great day!

I have some piccies too, so will get those uploaded.

TomS

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
TomS said:
Cheers for the spin in the Cup mark, had a great day!

I have some piccies too, so will get those uploaded.

TomS

No problems fella.

I should've lacquered or waxed those wheels first...that dust on the front wheels refused to budge no matter what I threw at it :(

I'm learning all the time :)

172 M69 eater
MarkCup said:
I should've lacquered or waxed those wheels first...that dust on the front wheels refused to budge no matter what I threw at it :(
make sure u put ****e loads on when u do laquer them! :D

Vee dub
I'm not entirely sure what that yellow one was

I think, it may have had Honda written on the front - but also had a turbo sticker..... so I'm confused lol

Tom

16v Phase 1

Hi Mark, Agree it was a cracking day at Castle Combe, and the 172 was having some flying laps..especially towards the end of the day..! My 16v did me proud, both lasting the day and even leaving me enough tread on the tyres to get home.. :eek:)

Was impressed at the running and organisation of the track day, especially when they kicked off the Rover 220 Coupe due to dangerous driving.. Also nice to see the 172 cup & 182 Cup mixing it with the numerous Scooby's and Caterhams.. Will be back there, for sure..

Scoop.

File0001.jpg

Vee dub
Hi mate, I'm the owner of the other valver, spoke to you about your car towards the end of the day. Good to see a 16v going round, it looked good.

Cheers
Tom

16v Phase 1
Ahh yes, the cracking condition phase 2 valver Tom.. absolutely immaculate..nice touch..! Looks like it just rolled off the production line..

Vee dub
Thanks mate, I got a few pics of yours parked up. Couldn't get any of you on track as my battery depleted on my camera!

Good to meet you, I'm sure i'll catch you at Combe again sometime.
Tom

Hi there Clio owners :D!

Thought that I would join in with this thread, as I was the guy at Castle Combe in the Fiat Coupe. I managed to get one photo of the 182 Cup on track, which I thought that you might appreciate:

ClioCup.gif

You guys looked like you were having a good time. Mark, you managed to get past me in the last session when I had Fishy Dave on board, which was a bit embarrassing! How did your tyres last? My Dunlops were looking very sorry for themselves by the end of the day...but that's 250+bhp through the front wheels for you.

TrackTyre.gif

Would be good to hear when you plan to go again, as it is always better in a group. I'm sure Dave and I could rustle up some Coupes from the FCCUK Forum. I think Scoop25 will be up for it, eh Scoop ;)!

Phil (Ex. Sports Blue 16 valve)

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Hi All again...

Glad you all stopped by to say hello :)

I'm not at CC for the rest of this year, but I'm at Goodwood on 11/11 and 18/12 if anyone's up for either of those?

Was a good run against your Coupe Highwayman...I didn't have a real edge over you anywhere other than through Bobbies I think. But if I screwed up on any exit your 250bhp meant I had to really stand on the brakes at the next corner to get anything back.

I was impressed with yours once settled in a turn, I was not gaining huge amounts...but then I am still learning these tyres! I reckon there's another 3 or 4 seconds out there for me somewhere :eek: Next time...

My tyres lasted the day very well, but then compared to yours, they've got about 350kgs less to deal with :cool:

Mark

Mark

Which company have you booked to go to Goodwood with? I was thinking of going there in the not too distant future, and could be pursuaded for November or December dependant upon price. Goodwood is pretty local to me, and I know that it is a good circuit, having been round it as a passenger a few times.

It would be good to see how the Coupe compared to the Cup again, but I really need to get my charge cooling sorted. You Clio boys don't have to worry about such things ;), but it makes a big difference for us turbo nutters :D! Air temperature will probably be lower by November, so this might not be so much of a problem...

Phil

172, Tiguan
Mark, I'm at the Ring on the 11/11 but ill come down and do Goodwood in December with you.