ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Order of cleaning process

Please correct me if i'm wrong.

But a polish is slightly abrasive which removes dull or oxidised paint?

A seal will seal in the polish and help protect the paint?

A wax simply adds depth and shine and also helps to protect like a skin like layer it puts over the paint??

How often should all of the above be done?

Is the sealing bit really needed?

And what can be used in between the above to give the car that nice just waxed look?

Help appreciated.

106 GTi
You can either wax or seal or do both, depends on what durability and products your using some won't work together.

The polishing adds most to the looks, sealants and waxes can give little or nothing in some cases. A good Carnuaba wax will add to looks.

In-between waxes you can use a Quick Detail Spray to restore that just waxed look.

I tend to polish properly once or twice a year, waxing whenever I feel it needs it.

A good wax or sealant can give 2-6 months protection.

16v Dynamique
A glaze adds oils to the paintwork. Apply after polishing and before waxing/sealing. Megs #7 is good, but don't expect much looks wise, as the majority is achieved from polishing.

106 GTi
As above if you have polished well with a decent finishing polish a glaze may add little or nothing to the looks.

It can add a deeper wetter look to the paint and hide some defects on not so perfect paint.