ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ordered ktec group 'n' remapped ecu - but not sure if i done the right thing!

Clio 172 Cup
ordered ktec group 'n' remapped ecu today (exchange unit) - but not sure if i done the right thing!

would it be better to have my car 'inividually' remapped!?

mods
itg maxogen kit
straight through decat
ktec exhaust
angelworks manifold

this is so confusing!

S1RST/205GTI
I will be making a trip to rs tuning for one of their remaps after i have fitted my induction kit and exhaust because of the reputation they have on here.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
It'll be fine thats what i was running on my Cup (a bb tuning one mind) And it had 172's, and a 182 i came across. RS tuning maps arent specific to the car, as in they are not R/R mapped iirc? I Presume he will just tweek it for certain mods, but the map will be generic i'd have thought? Correct me if i'm wrong?

had mine done at rs tunning all is good .

can feal the difference in the pull all through the gear range .

No RR, when I was there, so prob. best guess with taking into account exhaust, sports cat, IK, etc.

Is that right they have a RR @ KTEC now?

Clio 172 Cup
no rolling road at ktec asked today on phone, they take the car somewhere else to do it.

have booked mine in with Paul at RS tuning next week on his new rolling road for a PROPER remap: before run, car tweaked to max power, after run.

If ktec have not sent the item out will be cancelling it, if they have sent it will be sending it back.

Ktec are still cool people, have bought quite a bit off them in the past couple of weeks.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
post_old.gif
Yesterday, 19:58 #119 pmurray vbmenu_register("postmenu_2894041", true);
ClioSport Club Member

Car: RS Tuning 300 Trophy!

Re: Leeds's First Dyno Dynamics Dyno!!!
Are you wanting one of my standard maps to suit them mods or some fine tuning done on the dyno also?

Paul

Told you so. His standard map is like a generic grp n, but is flashed on your ecu rather than an exchange. If you want a live map on a R/R thats ££££££ For the mods you have, i'd say a grp n is fine, wont be much difference then pmurry's imo.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
post_old.gif
ClioSport Club Member

Are you wanting one of my standard maps to suit them mods or some fine tuning done on the dyno also?

Paul

Told you so. His standard map is like a generic grp n, but is flashed on your ecu rather than an exchange. If you want a live map on a R/R thats ££££££ For the mods you have, i'd say a grp n is fine, wont be much difference then pmurry's imo.

Our standard map is not an off the shelf generic map. I have spent hours and hours on dynos with different cars and different combinations of mods so i can accuratly create the map for nearly any mod from scratch.

Paul

M2 Competition
post_old.gif

Nup. I thought the grp n basically raises the rev limiter etc, gives you a bit more pull, but doesnt do much else. Its best suited to standard cars.

Rst have different levels of mapping to suit different combinations of mods.

post_old.gif
ClioSport Club Member

Paul

Our standard map is not an off the shelf generic map. I have spent hours and hours on dynos with different cars and different combinations of mods so i can accuratly create the map for nearly any mod from scratch.

Paul

I've got a 172Cup with matched inlets from Angelworks, a Green panel air filter and a de-cat pipe on a full magnex stainless exhaust.... what remap can you do for that, what will be the increases be (both in BHP, Torque and MPG) and how much will it cost please

cheers :star:

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
£295 for the map, if you want any dyno runs they will be extra. As for the increases. You should see 10hp and 17lbft, ish!

Clio 172 Cup
can't wait to get my car to you.

bit peed off at the moment as some cyclist rode into it today and scratched the f*** out the bumper and put a huge dent in the back!

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
can't wait to get my car to you.

bit peed off at the moment as some cyclist rode into it today and scratched the f*** out the bumper and put a huge dent in the back!

:mad: idiots, Funnily enough that happened to my mate the other night! Made a good mess and the bloke got up and ran off!

See you then

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
post_old.gif

Nup. I thought the grp n basically raises the rev limiter etc, gives you a bit more pull, but doesnt do much else. Its best suited to standard cars.

Wrong chap. You get a nice increase in midrange too. I actually believe the P Murray use's/ based his map from the guy who made the GRP N (henk?) I also believe that yes, RS tuning can tweek/ change this mind :)

VaVa
I believe Pauls map will be better than the GrpN... but that doesn't mean the GrpN is bad..... I had one for a while and out of ecu/inlets/exhaust/maxogen it made the biggest difference by some margin.

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR

Wrong chap. You get a nice increase in midrange too. I actually believe the P Murray use's/ based his map from the guy who made the GRP N (henk?) I also believe that yes, RS tuning can tweek/ change this mind :)

I never use other tuners maps, all maps are from the original.

Paul

GDI'd Clio 182
I think i can get you in actually

Im not based in the UK. is there any way you can send me a remaped ecu depending on my mods, which are the Viper k-tec induction kit and a decat pipe. I could probably send u one and get in tuned then get it shipped back. is that possible. Thanks

Abdulla

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
No problem. Take a good picture of your ecu and send it to me and i will see if i have it in stock. Sometimes they have slightly different ones fitted and it causes problems

GDI'd Clio 182
No problem. Take a good picture of your ecu and send it to me and i will see if i have it in stock. Sometimes they have slightly different ones fitted and it causes problems

alright, ill pm you as soon as i do that. Thanks for replying. Where are you based in the UK, i might be visiting englad some time next month so if your close, maybe you can send it locally.

Abdulla