ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ordinary guys in a Mclaren 650s Spider

RB 182
Hi all,
So a few months back I posted about a new channel myself and some friends have been dabbling with on YouTube called. 'Ordinary guys in extraordinary cars' we had quite a lot of feedback on the Aston Martin vanquish volante vid and were then lucky enough to be let loose in the mclaren 650s Spider for a few days.. Please watch, subscribe, comment good or bad! Again it would be great to get some car enthusiasts reactions..

Hopefully more to come :)
Cheers!
Rob

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Very well made video!

And congrats for doing well from this (I'm assuming you're doing well Since mclaren gave you a car lol).

Which guy are you?

My only criticism is to keep it under ten minutes long as, for me at least, my attention started to waiver with all of the shakey hand cam. I want more of the polished shots and reviewing with fewer shakey hand cam first person shots.

...and pronounce 'th' rather than 'F'. It's a small gripe, but really made it sound cheap to me.

RB 182
Very well made video!

And congrats for doing well from this (I'm assuming you're doing well Since mclaren gave you a car lol).

Which guy are you?

My only criticism is to keep it under ten minutes long as, for me at least, my attention started to waiver with all of the shakey hand cam. I want more of the polished shots and reviewing with fewer shakey hand cam first person shots.

...and pronounce 'th' rather than 'F'. It's a small gripe, but really made it sound cheap to me.

RB 182
QUOTE="Knuckles, post: 10944569, member: 55255"]Very well made video!

Which guy are you?

...and pronounce 'th' rather than 'F'. It's a small gripe, but really made it sound cheap to me.[/QUOTE]
Thanks knuckles! Ha yeah it was the vanquish vid they liked so gave us a tour of the HQ and had that waiting for us!
I'm the one with the the launch control reaction..
We've talked a lot on the length and majority seem to say it's ok, if it's good enough it will get watched.. We've filmed a few more already and they will be shorter. 650 deserved the time though I think. Hand shots we have to put in really as it's just the 5 of us doing everything. Noted for later though :)
Ha who was saying the F out of interest?!
Rob

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Thanks knuckles! Ha yeah it was the vanquish vid they liked so gave us a tour of the HQ and had that waiting for us!
I'm the one with the the launch control reaction..
We've talked a lot on the length and majority seem to say it's ok, if it's good enough it will get watched.. We've filmed a few more already and they will be shorter. 650 deserved the time though I think. Hand shots we have to put in really as it's just the 5 of us doing everything. Noted for later though :smile:
Ha who was saying the F out of interest?!
Rob

Hats off to you for getting noticed like that then!

Well if I'm in the minority regarding length then I'll shut up.

The 'f' guy was the one with the majestic beard reading out the options lists lol. "Free fousand pound for this, four thousand free hundred for that"

It's a properly minor thing but you asked for criticism :D

RB 182
Thanks, yeah we we're pretty surprised ourselves when they offered it to us!
No we were actually thinking exactly the same thing as you on the length! The problem with this one is that we had soo much footage it was really hard to get down. All others will be 15-16mins hopefully :)
Ahh Ash, I'll let him know ;). Nope as always every comment good or bad we try and look at! Cheers knuckles

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Thanks, yeah we we're pretty surprised ourselves when they offered it to us!
No we were actually thinking exactly the same thing as you on the length! The problem with this one is that we had soo much footage it was really hard to get down. All others will be 15-16mins hopefully :smile:
Ahh Ash, I'll let him know :wink:. Nope as always every comment good or bad we try and look at! Cheers knuckles

Tbh, if I was in your position, I'd probably have the camera rolling from the moment I pulled up at mclaren to the time I left lol

Also, I've been to the mclaren site (well, the roundabout outside). We stopped for pics at 2am en route to goodwood and got told off for posing with the sign lol.

Enjoyed it, only things were the shots at the start felt artificially sped up would of liked slower movements to admire car a bit more and some of the shots of the car driving on the roads looked very yellowy. If you want to start going really pro something that annoys me is when you can see camera in videos so hide your go pros lol, stuff like that turns it from pissing around with mates vid to more proffesional looking vid imo. But still enjoyed it, liked it and subscribed :)

GTD, Lupo
I liked it, as said before i would say it just went on a bit too long. The middle section lost me a little with just clip after clip of it being driven hard.

I have never subscribed to anything on youtube before but i will for this and liked. Keep it up.

RB 182
Tbh, if I was in your position, I'd probably have the camera rolling from the moment I pulled up at mclaren to the time I left lol

Also, I've been to the mclaren site (well, the roundabout outside). We stopped for pics at 2am en route to goodwood and got told off for posing with the sign lol.
Oh we did! It took ages to run through the footage.. Ah yeah they get funny about that, we asked to drone inside the place, definite no no ;) I only live 10 mins away and drive to Woking most days so see them on test constantly. It was pretty awesome to be able to drive out if there in 1!
@Rob22 loving the videos. Just out of interest, who did you first contact to get hold of the McLaren?
Thanks gower! They have an external pr company, we contacted them who showed the internal pr guys the Aston vid.. They really liked it and 2 months later we were there!

Enjoyed it, only things were the shots at the start felt artificially sped up would of liked slower movements to admire car a bit more and some of the shots of the car driving on the roads looked very yellowy. If you want to start going really pro something that annoys me is when you can see camera in videos so hide your go pros lol, stuff like that turns it from pissing around with mates vid to more proffesional looking vid imo. But still enjoyed it, liked it and subscribed :smile:
Noted buddy thanks! Yeah agreed on the gopro thing the issue is its SO hard not to get them in when filming 5 guys we do try believe me :) glad you enjoyed cheers for the sub!

I thought it was good, although I think I preferred the Aston Martin video for its overall Quality?!
Thanks daz, yeah the Aston was very good in fairness! I'm not sure which I prefer in all honesty..
I liked it, as said before i would say it just went on a bit too long. The middle section lost me a little with just clip after clip of it being driven hard.

I have never subscribed to anything on youtube before but i will for this and liked. Keep it up.
Thanks gorms, yep length will be shorter for all future ones, we wanted 15ish really but had too much good stuff, noted about the driving shots! Awesome good to know :D

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Doesn't feel very professional to me. A group of guys round a car with a spec sheet then ragging the arse off it..it's more of an experience video than a review etc. Also fair enough reading some of the options but I was bored after he started going on and on. We all know how expensive these things are. Just choose the most ridiculous one and mention that. No need to list them

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I thought it was alright. Obviously not as insightful as Harris but a good watch. It was interesting watching the normal bits of the car being described rather than just the performance.

Some of the shots looked decent others had a really poor exposure & image quality.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Doesn't feel very professional to me. A group of guys round a car with a spec sheet then ragging the arse off it..it's more of an experience video than a review etc.

Think that's the point, bit different to all the other review videos.

RB 182
Yeah exactly that Jonnio!
MC the insurance is all paid by the companies. Got a Cooper s works follow car and range rover autobiography sv to review this weekend..