ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weekend in a the BMW i8 (and a a few others! Aston, Tesla, M4)

RB 182
So I've been lucky enough to have spent last weekend in this..
20150509_111233.jpg

20150509_191839.jpg

Incredible car and you certainly get some looks! We spent the weekend reviewing it as my mate works for a mens lifestyle website askmen.com.
4 go pros mounted on the front/rear/side and follow car along with a couple of drones made for some pretty interesting shots through the new forest and down into Bournemouth. We've had a few decent cars over the last few months but this is certainly up there with the best, you just want to get back in. I suppose for £120k you should do though!
The basic idea at the minute is 'ordinary guys in extraordinary cars' YouTube series so we'll see how it goes..

We actually did a road trip to France in this a couple of weeks before and the more time we spent in the i8 the worse the tesla became...
IMG-20150410-WA0002.jpg

Still waiting on dslr pics for most but here's a few I could find of the others we've had..

IMG-20141220-WA0002.jpg

Genuinely sounded like a tractor on startup but on full throttle it screamed..

IMG-20140809-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20140809-WA0001.jpg

Cruised down to the wilton supercar classic in this... Gorgeous car and what an engine!

Last but not least...headed to elan Valley in this beast
IMG-20141115-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20141115-WA0000.jpg

FB_IMG_1431468852944.jpg

I think this takes the no1 spot, the engine noise was just addictive and thoroughly disgusting in a good way!

Next up is the new vanquish so very high hopes for that!
I'll try and get some better pics up in separate threads as these are just some phone ones, we have 100s of dslr and go pro shots to go through as you can imagine! . I'll try and add when I'm less tired. Just thought it was worth sharing a few for now :)

Any suggestions on what to try and get hold of next?!

Cheers
Rob

Attachments

• 20141220_144457.jpg
    20141220_144457.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 147
  FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
What a cracking set of cars, your a very lucky boy.

Thanks for sharing and I look forward to more updates.

An orange one
Some great cars there! I was underwhelmed when I drove the i8 but that V12 vantage roadster is stunning! Also love the M4!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I loved the i8 till i drove one and it was all a bit meh.

Lovely car to be in though.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I saw my first i8 on the road the other week. Absolutely.........disgusting.

RB 182
Would love the p1! Would never happen though. Porsche want to see a few more reviews before commiting anything so we'll see! People seem to be very marmite on the I8 personally I think it is gorgeous and as waitey said, a lovely place to be!
Cat, my mate blogs them to review for Askmen.com he's actually not massively into cars so we suggest ones to him. Definitely very lucky with what we've had.

The tesla comparison is more the inside as a place to be, it was really not nice after a while, empty and bland after a trip to France we just wanted to get out. The acceleration is unlike anything I've experienced, pretty amazing. Give Elon a few years to fine tune and I think you may have a winner..

The vantage was unreal, we have the new vanquish in July which should be amazing Also Ferrari have agreed to the FF if the others go well so watch this space!