ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oreca group n/a exhausts

172 cup
Hi all, may be a silly question but are the oreca or other group a/n exhausts road legal? And if not whats the best exhaust to get on my 172 cup? Orbisoud also seem a tad expensive! Thanks

172 cup
Forgot to say i dont really like the stealth look! The pure motorsport exhausts are quite tempting however they look more awkward to fit over say a scorpion or a ktec exhaust or is this me?

Clio 172 Cup Mondial
oreca are f**king loud! avoid! someone in my are had the louder version you cold here him all he time lol

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I've got the ktec recessed. Sounds like an oem upgrade I.e astra nurburg with the remus.

If I had the money I'd get the PMS system though.

Oreca are completely road legal - they're cat back.

They are though, as others have said, insanely loud.

BTB is the best you can buy IMO but very expensive.
K-tec stealth are ok

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Oreca are completely road legal - they're cat back.

Incorrect, they come with a decat, and if you want to go cat-back and retain your cat they are not a straight fit (poke out too far).

Plus from k-tec's website
PLEASE NOTE - These are race exhausts systems, they are louder than the uprated performance exhausts we offer for road going vehicles. Whilst they meet the noise requirements for circuits in the UK, they are not designed for road use.

Incorrect, they come with a decat, and if you want to go cat-back and retain your cat they are not a straight fit (poke out too far).

Plus from k-tec's website

No they don't.

They include a decat but it's up to you to fit it. They fit absolutely fine with the standard cat.

The length they poke out the back of the bumper has NOTHING to do with the decat. That's just how they fit.

I've got one, it's been fit with both the cat and the de-cat.

LOL it's not "what I say" - it simply does. I have it, fitted.

If you think about it if the cat was longer than the decat then the middle hanger wouldn't line up - it'd sag down. That would be stupid