ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Origin b2 or RA2

Im looking to buy one of these, which one is better? Or is it just personal choice? Have heard you can get them cheaper if youre a cliosport member, but I cant join at the mo!

Also, how much are updates for each of them? Have been told the Road angel is slightly cheaper to update.

Quote: Originally posted by Mike172sport on 22 July 2005

b2s rattle !
mine doesnt, ive modified it after phoning them for advice.

also, the RA2s will soon become illegal if the government have their way. The B2s have a seperate laser detector which can be unplugged, making it legal when the new laws come into place.

Quote: Originally posted by fUbAr on 22 July 2005

b2s rattle !

also, the RA2s will soon become illegal if the government have their way. The B2s have a seperate laser detector which can be unplugged, making it legal when the new laws come into place.
yeaaaa, riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

You can have the laser detection removed from the software on the RA2 if that ever comes in.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

Daz is right about the laser detection in the RA2

Both unit are fully legal.... and are as good as each other.

If you read up on each of there websites you can make up your mind which you like most.

If you need any prices etc.... drop me a PM, most people have baught Radar Detectors from me in the club and are very happy :D

I am an authorised reseller

Mr2 Roadster

I have a B2, it did rattle but I dont have a problem now.

Im very happy with it but have never used anything else.

A bit of a one sided view.

182 Full Fat

I have RA2, cant fault it. You can even add your own camera sites if for example a temporary camera has just gone up near you. Plus the Blue and Red back light looks smart. You will need an additional antenna as the heat reflectve windscreen on the clios tends to block the GPS signal.

Dont know if this is the same issue with the B2s

Quote: Originally posted by Daz on 24 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by fUbAr on 22 July 2005

b2s rattle !

yeaaaa, riiiiiiiiiiiiight.

You can have the laser detection removed from the software on the RA2 if that ever comes in.
thank you, so i was right then ;)

modifying the software when the new law comes in seems like hassle that could be avoided by buying the B2 which does the same things. Just unplug the laser detector when the law comes in.