ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Origin b2

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182

Just got my origin b2,and i didant realise it had a gps module and alser module,Is it a good idea to have both located in the bottom section of the window with (Square bit),also when mounting the GPs module is it ok to mount it upside down stuck to the window itself ,If you get what i mean.Thanks

my gps ariel is next to the parcel shelf at the back, where most people have put theirs. The reason behind this is that the UV reflective windscreen isnt too good at letting the GPS signal through.

you get a HUGE cable with it so put it back there mate, nice and tidy too.

the Laser module is fine in the square at the bottom of window.

/Dan

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182

Ok thanks guys as anyone got any pics of the Gps module on the parcel shelf,As ive searched and most of the pics arnt working

Thanks

i did have, but deleted from my uploader now.

i just removed the rear "door" panel (easy being french) and ran the cable along that.... looks like a professional install.

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182

Doeas anyone know if the PDA linkable is available yet ,As im wanting to probably connect up my IPAQ 4150 to the Gps and i did hear that their was one in development,Does anyone know if it is available or when it will become available?,Thanks

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182

Just fitting mine now ,Im going to be mounting the gps Module on the rear parcel shelf,Is it best to mount it on the carpeted shelf itself or on the side plastic part near the speaker grills if you get what i mean,Also is it ok to put it here as its partly blocked by the rear pillar?

Thanks

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182

Well fitted it to the rear parcel shelf and it works a treat money well spent ,Got it off HAS on the board ,Great guy and service recommended if anyones after a speed cam detector.

J273

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182

From out of the box do you get a radar detector as standard or is that an extra,As i Only have the antenna connected the power and laser diffuser connected are the other 2 connections Green/Yellow optional extras,Thanks

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Optional extras for the green/yellow connectors.

Radar Detector - been promised for ages (no sign as yet?)

Laser Diffuser - LD100 iirc?