ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OS X "must have" Apps

No sure if this is the right place.

Anyone know a decent football results, fixtures etc app for the iPad.

Sky sports is s**t takes an age to update. Says Utd is still 1-1.

Is there a way to swap between tabs on the trackpad? Find it limiting having to move the mouse and click.
Maybe an app?

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
BluePhoneElite 2 enables you to make and receive calls from your mac via your iPhone (or other phone). Its unsupported now but can be found easily enough.

Good download manager?

Download lots of RS files, want to be able to copy them in tot he program so they start one after another (free user) so i don't have to keep an eye.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
BluePhoneElite 2 enables you to make and receive calls from your mac via your iPhone (or other phone). Its unsupported now but can be found easily enough.

Care to share where from. Google aint helping lol.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I was given an app called "little snitch" from a lecturer at uni, it shows all network activity and allows you to block certain events, it show what is going on all the time network wise, I have just found that my macbook is pretty much constantly talking to my housemates iPhone and iPad.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I was given an app called "little snitch" from a lecturer at uni, it shows all network activity and allows you to block certain events, it show what is going on all the time network wise, I have just found that my macbook is pretty much constantly talking to my housemates iPhone and iPad.

That'll be bonjour. It'll also be talking to anything else that uses mDNS for service discovery.

Mk2 Golf GTI
quickmailer is really handy. Puts an email quick send button in the menu bar. Very handy.

quickmailer-mac-screenshot-001.jpg

Menutab for Facebook is also a useful one if you like FBing at a glance.

I also used to like Alfred, handy tool for launching quick searches etc but I haven't used it for a while.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Civilisation 5.

What a game, I've been playing it pretty much non stop for weeks. It's so addictive.

I'm hopefully pick a Mac mini up tonight or tomorrow and it's coming with photoshop for my photography as budget can't stretch to a full mac yet is there any apps i should get that will be very useful?