ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ouch..

dan's cast offs.
should be a nice payout at least, 3 x whiplash claims:wink:

bit of t-cut and knock the wheel back in to place!! (apologies for the crappy pic)

IMAG2922_zps66f5ec02.jpg

dan's cast offs.
aren't all whiplash claims genuine??

just two, i was leaning forward, no seat belt and twisted to the left so ended up chest against the steering wheel, knee into lower dash and face planted the screen, wife was just un clipping her seat belt so ended up side on against the dash and my lad was in the back ready to get out so went in to the back of the front seat.

dan's cast offs.
was dropping my lad off at the pub in liverpool. had been stopped at the side of the road for few seconds and next thing big bang!!

not looked underneath but rear beam has gone and bottom edge of rear quarter as well, sounds like the guy saw us and swerved at last minute so could of been worse if he would of hit it straight on. will end up as cat c for sure. found out as well that i can legitimately charge for storage until claim is settled:smile:

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Bloody lucky by the sounds of it!!
what u like about these little clios, is that they are tough buggers and do well in crashes!

I have to agree. Every time I see one shunted, I'm impressed how well it's held up. Very strong and very safe little cars. You certainly wouldn't see it from a 106/306/saxo and you still wouldn't see as much impact resistance from the likes of a 206/Corsa C either.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Nice rear lights...

Joking aside, glad you're okay - that could've been a lot worse!

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
If you actually get money for whiplash you will.be able to get a new one and turbo it!!

dan's cast offs.
think it would go into left handers well but struggle other than that. rear quarter has popped out a bit but fingers crossed shouldn't be that bad to repair although haven't looked underneath yet.

IMAG2924_zpsbbe5bd8d.jpg

clio 172
Thats the 3rd clio sport ive seen recently (inc mine) with a smash on the drive side rear quater . They all out to clear us off the roads lol

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
If you actually get money for whiplash you will.be able to get a new one and turbo it!!
And sell it 2 weeks later?

Nasty shunt. Not sure why you'd want to buy it back.

dan's cast offs.
And sell it 2 weeks later?

Nasty shunt. Not sure why you'd want to buy it back.

will be an easy fix, worst bit is going to be sorting the bottom edge of the quarter where it meets the bumper, the rest will be easy.