ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ouchy ouch! That kind of hurt..... slightly

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Re: AAAAhhhhhhhh f**k!

yer similar to pip, think i used a flat blade screwdriver

SchwepTek™

I have done on all 3 of my clios. Flat blade screwdriver, tape, shove it through the hole. EASY dude!

Monaco

i drilled a whole next to the grommet, then sealed that off.

I gave up with trying to get it through :(

I did something similar, popped the grommet in to the car from the engine bay, cut into the side of the grommet to make a slit, slid the cable into the slit and then popped the grommet back in. Still perfectly waterproof and my hands still exist.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Sack it. Another hour, no progress. A bent wire hanger will just get through, and I mean just. A screwdriver won't get through at all. Underseat sub will not be going in!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

Sack it. Another hour, no progress. A bent wire hanger will just get through, and I mean just. A screwdriver won't get through at all. Underseat sub will not be going in!!

Subs??

You fitting 18'' chrome wheels and neons aswell??

FFS, you're no better than the indians in Bristol.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Daniel said:
Subs??

You fitting 18'' chrome wheels and neons aswell??

FFS, you're no better than the indians in Bristol.
You c**t;). Tis only a wee thing, similar to what they fit in nthe new 3'series. Need more bass for my bangra.

330Ci (Fail)Sport

I ended up pushing the gromit out and securing the cable to the gromit and the hole because I couldn't get the cable through the gromit either.

i find once youve made a hole big enough putting a socket big enough for the gauge of cable you have to go straight through the middle,force socket in to hold it open,feed power cable straight through the middle-doesnt really work with thicker gauge cable though

clio 182

^^^^
Was just going to say that, what size cable are you trying to feed through??
Im running a 0 gauge cable obviously i had to drill a hole next to the grommit, think you should be fine with anything up to 8 gauge to go through the grommit?

It's A Reno

What exactly are you struggling with Warren?
Is it getting at it or not being able to get the cable through?
Have you tried any lubricant?

i used some stiff earth wire (some have used washing line wire) with the amp cable taped to it, pushed/fed it though next to existing wires no worries... BUT IMO best to release the power steering reservoir first and the firewall material to allow the cable to make its way up...
BTW what sub you got? i have one of these in the boot, takes up no room at all and rounds of the bass very, very nicely, not punchy, just deep thob and fills the car all with the OEM headunit and speakers: http://www.bluespot.co.uk/stock/spkr0_2.asp