ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Our new cup

Megane r26
So we all know they idle a little lumpy but once warm it was a little more lumpy then usual. Now I know it had plugs and leads last year so my first point of call was to check the injectors

So out came the multimeter, number 3 was 8ohms so half what t should really be. Quick blast to euro and grabbed a new one for just over 30 quid.

So pulled the fuel rail guard off, unplugged the injectors and disconnected the fuel line

9690D4D0-DCB7-4988-B3C0-93546C698CF1_zpsl0qf7ris.jpg

Offending injector

AAE9B519-0A9F-4BFC-8975-AE867CA0A8C5_zpsxsr77tr7.jpg

New injector on rail

20710672-BF21-45A2-A16F-DCCA39681722_zpssjr26m7x.jpg

Fired it all back together and normal service was resumed [emoji106]

So gave it a clean earlier today, I used to be quite into detailing but it's took a back seat since the Trackdays!

So here's a few pics

The obligatory snow foam pic

FBF03720-E394-4FB3-9D35-851D47B21C4E_zpstfm31q6c.jpg

All done

75B300E9-A93A-4FA8-99EC-CC78237C6977_zpsrdtlfx7r.jpg

Even gave the under bonnet a clean

47296B8B-7EFC-4803-88B1-4E7CF7E71D21_zpschxigb0k.jpg

Method of clean

Snowfoam
Citrus pre wash
2 bucket wash
Rinse
Iron X
Rinse and then towel dry
Poor boys super blackhole polish
Megs tyre gel
AG trim restorer
Megs clear view

RB Clio 182
Are you thinking about painting the fuel rail guard and inlet silver?

I think that would freshen the bay up a treat.

RB Clio 182
It's actually all been powder coated tbh mate so I was just going to leave it. I was going to give the rocker cover a dusting of silver but that's it

It looks better than first thought after seeing it again on the desktop.

I couldn't see it properly on my phone mate, yes it looks pretty good :)

Clio 172
Cool, I need to get down there more often. Ste never tells me lol. Just see his Facebook on the evening full of decent cars lol. I'll give the DCI some serious mpg round it lol.

Megane r26
Cool, I need to get down there more often. Ste never tells me lol. Just see his Facebook on the evening full of decent cars lol. I'll give the DCI some serious mpg round it lol.

When I signed up I got a book through the door with the dates, only ones a pay attention of is the members day but if I'm ever board I just go up there as there's always something going on.

Looks a cracking buy, the plate must be worth a few hundred quid as well... nice find!:up:

Similar plays are up for 499 on DVLA but in reality private sale I don't think you'd get that. Cheers mate, there's a few little jobs to do but all in good time

Megane r26
Haha that was your Trackday, the Megane is even in the back ground in STOCK form lol

What's better then owning 1 Renault sport......

Cio 172 Cup,Porsche
I recognize that number plate; have seen that Cup around, cant remember whether it was in Leeds or down in Nottinghamshire as I am often there on business

Megane r26
So I'm toying with getting rid of the cup, it's been a good car but I'm feeling a 200 cup just fancy something a little more modern now I'm commuting a little bit more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Megane r26
Not sure yet, half tempted to remove the plate to put that on a 200.

I've just got full service bits from Paul at Renault parts direct and history of belts and dephaser at diamond motors.

Very good history.

Little bit of play in gear selector bush but other then the odd stone chip it's clean car and drives nice

Megane r26
Tbh I'd like somewhere close to what I paid for it, if I take the plate off I'll take that into consideration a little

Megane r26
So had a chat with the missus, going to service the cup this weekend and give it a good clean and get some pictures up.

Looking around on the market and lower mileage ones seem few and far between.

Going to put the car up at 2200 Ono I think. I think that's reasonable giving the history. I'd like to keep the plate as I aim to buy a 200 cup