ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Our New Mini Cooper

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Recently got a Mini Cooper 2006 as the Mrs's car the other week. I took a few rough photo's over the weekend after a quick wash.

DSC00060.jpg

DSC00061.jpg

DSC00065.jpg

DSC00066.jpg

DSC00067.jpg

So far it just has some repeaters. I will be painting the calipers silver, silver indicators and LED side lights, just to give it the clean look.
I don't think I 'll be doing much too it other than getting my DA on it, keeping it clean and driving it when I can get the keys off the Mrs as she loves it to bits.

Found a nice bulge from a pothole grrr... in one of the runflats on Sunday after getting a nail repaired in an other one. Need to get that replaced asap.

I love it and it's so much better than a 3-door astra which my mrs wanted at first. It handles very well, but it's pretty hard tbf.

I was suprised how well it goes also having giving a little boot yesterday. I'm pretty impressed with it overall and it's great little car I will look to driving it when I can.

Turbos.
They are good fun, Mini did a good job with even the One being a fine steer. The engine is bland though.

I would consider an upgrade to the 5 spoke 17s, they look great. HIDS are also worthwile as the standard lights are pants!

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
It is great fun car to drive that is for sure.

For the mrs tooty around town all day it's fine and god fuel which is the main thing. I think it goes pretty well once going for 115bhp.

I haven't driven it myself in the dark, but I must admitt the lights aren't brilliant

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
My Mrs has one, she has just ordered another one this time in peper white black roof black 17s and the aeropack it looks amazing just a cooper though!

Really nice cars to drive trying to convince my mum to get one when she is getting a new car!

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Yeah the Aeropack cars do look nice.

I wouldn't mind taken a JCW for drive, but I know I couldn't have a small car with no boot with work.

Tangoed Works
I can fit two weeks food shopping in my boot and there is a cd changer in there. Just have to arrange carefully lol.

Still thats about all that ever goes in there.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
That's really nice mate, looks very clean and tidy.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
Took it to do shopping last night, the shopping did quite all fit the boot and I didn't even buy any beer/cider.

I just know it'll be no good for me to take to work when I have to go on site, but i look forward to driving it when I'm allowed.

I think the Mrs will be wanting an other one when we get rid of this one.

Mini Cooper S
Very smart! Some Cooper S wheels would finish it off nicely. But they're only going to get curbed anyway :p

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
They sure will.....

Unless I see a cheap set with good runflat tyres I doubt I'll change them.

I reckon some silver bonnet strips would look nice on it, but the Mrs isn't listening.
She was same when I went to get a pipercross panel filter for it.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
The standard 1.6 petrol, 115bhp motor that goes in the first generation.

Goes well mind.

Megane 225 F1
Nice. Ex gf had one, drove it once, didnt think it was that quick compared to the clio and seemed heavier for some reason. It does look fookin awsome though :p

Tangoed Works
www.minitorque.com prepare to open your wallet lol!

Good things with these as they will be as fast as any cooper s / jcw through the bends with the right mods as the chassis are identical.