ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Out in the country

Kerstin and I headed down to my parent's house in Devon for a couple of days over the Easter weekend. The weather was generally fantastic and that and the scenery presented lots of great photo opportunities. Here are a selection of them.

Hope you like.

3441530262_dfbe26facd_b.png

3440717145_ccc4e43a2c_b.jpg

3440691499_b66e3ddaab_b.png

3441530534_82fff05383_b.jpg

A highly flattering one of me, rarely seen in front of the camera Lol.

3441540332_b3e248a627_b.jpg

A rare HDR effort which I'm quite proud of.

3440730213_04ab332723_b.jpg

And my first attempt at some star trails....

3441549114_e18ebdd0e0_b.jpg

3440736943_1977d7fa1f_b.jpg

Cheers

Paul

Fiat Panda 100hp
Not quite....70-200mm f4 - couldn't really justify the f2.8!

Doesn't look like you need the extra f1.2 tbh. Bokeh is amazing on the first, looks really sharp too.

Did you do any processing for the sky in picture 5?

Aye - 70-200mm f4l does produce extremely sharp photos wide open, plus the bokeh is pretty nice too.

As for 5, nope, no processing on the sky aside from the general processing I did on the photo (levels / curves / white balance).

Ian

Focus TDCi
The foreground separation on the SP is excellent, almost looks like you're cut and pasted on top of the photo! Already commented on the star trails on Flickr, but it's definitely something I'm gonna have a practice at when the chance presents itself. Good set Paul.

Superb, nice lack of street light pollution in the star trails, did you stack loads of short exposures or go for one long exposure?

Ian

Focus TDCi
Superb, nice lack of street light pollution in the star trails, did you stack loads of short exposures or go for one long exposure?

Lol, wait til you hear his answer, he told me on Flickr.. precision planning went into it I believe. :p

Cheers. One long exposure....and the answer Ian refers to....

"I just pretty much guessed and went for it. This was shot at f7.1 for about 40minutes and ISO 100. Set it going on bulb mode with the remote shutter, then went back inside to join my parents, drink some more whiskey....40minutes later I thought I should perhaps go and close the shutter.....Lol."

The 30mm shot was a shorter exposure...around 30 - 35 mins at a larger aperture.

Fiat Panda 100hp
I want to try it, but everywhere around here (Nottingham) has so much light pollution! Found the coast to be good for it but I didn't have my remote last time I went.