ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Outer Door Trim respray trouble. HELP!

MK3 1.2
I would like the trim on the side of my car colour coded to my car but im being quoted like £250 inc VAT!!!!

Anybody know how hard it is to do it themselves or know of any cheap places in the west midlands?

I wouldn't respray them yourself! I did it myself over this past week, cost me £60 in material was an absolute b**ch to do it! Sand it to fcuk, prime it, prime it again sand it, base coat, more colour and then another layer, then lacquer a few times and then wet a dry and then polish, and the finish still is no where near as good as SS will give you! Don't be a t**t like me :) pay a pro to do it!

MK3 1.2
I wouldn't respray them yourself! I did it myself over this past week, cost me £60 in material was an absolute b**ch to do it! Sand it to fcuk, prime it, prime it again sand it, base coat, more colour and then another layer, then lacquer a few times and then wet a dry and then polish, and the finish still is no where near as good as SS will give you! Don't be a tw*t like me :) pay a pro to do it!

See there is a place near me that if you give them your colour code they create a spray for you but i didnt know how tough it was to actually paint as i know id have to do alot of sanding because the plastic trim is 'gritty plastic' and obviously i want it smooth. Thanks for the reply anyway :)

See there is a place near me that if you give them your colour code they create a spray for you but i didnt know how tough it was to actually paint as i know id have to do alot of sanding because the plastic trim is 'gritty plastic' and obviously i want it smooth. Thanks for the reply anyway :)

Yeah you can get the colour match no problem but the oem finish is hard to get! :)

Ford Fiesta ZS 2013
I am currently doing mine I thought meh cant be that hard. But after 3 days of me Sanding down - Priming - Wet sanding - priming - Wetsand - Drying - Base Coat - next coat so on I hope it comes out nice or I'm going to buy some original ones and get SS here to work some magic.