ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Outlook Global Rules

Not a 320d
Hi

Company moved to office365 this week and Im in the process of sorting out folders for all the different things delivered to the 'Global' mailbox. Stuff like backup confirmations or failures all get delivered to this global address of which there are 100's every day, and i need to move them to specific folders.

Thing is when I apply a rule its client side.

What does this mean exactly?

Do i need to have MY outlook running at all times for this to work since I created the rule. I turn my laptop off during non working hours so this cant happen like this.

Is there a way of moving these emails to these folders so it happens globally during all hours?

Thanks

It sounds like they're only sorted by folders on your local outlook client (to that computer), if you were to receive the emails via a phone or another computer they'd just all sit in one inbox.

Seems a bit bizzare, I thought you could have specific mailbox folderrs!

Not a 320d
Well we had a server sat in the UK before but they decided to use this cloud thing. Emails by servers were delivered to a single email address and then sent to folders to keep it tidy.

Its just housekeeping, so I dont have to filter though 1000's of notifications for stuff thats actually important. Ive emailed the sys admin dude to see what he says but ill have to wait a while for a response. In the mean time I havent got a clue if ive got drive failures etc across europe without sifting through a world of s**t.

If you are creating rules to move mail to personal folders then they will always be client side as that's where the target resides. Server side rules require folder that reside of the server.

Not a 320d
Yer the guy that looks after the printers and s**t gave me access to the account so I could create rules. Sorted now.