ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Outside temperature sensor

Clio 197
I've had a read through the forum but can't seem to find a definite answer.
I've got a 55 plate 1.2 expression and don't have the outside temperature showing up on the display.
I have a nipple under the offside mirror but not one under the nearside one.
Does there need to be a nipple under the nearside mirror? If so then could I just swap the one from the offside to the nearside and connect it up?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Don't know about your 1.2 expression but on my 182 there is only 1 nipple and it's under the passenger side wing mirror. Maybe you have a break in the wire?

Clio 197
Don't know about your 1.2 expression but on my 182 there is only 1 nipple and it's under the passenger side wing mirror. Maybe you have a break in the wire?
Who knows why I have one under the driver's side then, I suppose I'll have to take off the cover and have a look. I've seen a few 55 plate dynamiques with nipples under both mirrors so who knows what's going on there.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I think, from what I've read that different models have the nipple on different sides . I'd be looking at why yours on the offside doesn't work rather trying to change sides . Like I said there could be a break in the wire.

Clio 197
I think, from what I've read that different models have the nipple on different sides . I'd be looking at why yours on the offside doesn't work rather trying to change sides . Like I said there could be a break in the wire.
Ahhh okay that makes sense. I'll whip the glass out tomorrow then and give it a look and if there's nothing obvious I'll trace the wire back

Clio182
Six months later - hope you’ve found the fault with your temperature sensor! I’ve just noticed a fault with mine. It’s reading about 15 degrees lower than the real temperature. So I’m thinking there’s no break in the wire but the sensor might well be faulty.

General question to everyone: does that reasoning sound about right?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Only certain models had the exterior temperature display (the screens are the same so its physically there but not connected, most expression models did but I believe later on in the production they dropped it as a cost saving.

ALL cars have the sensor in the mirror, but the wiring is not in the door loom (you will probably have manual mirrors?)

If you go to a scrappy and get a door loom from each door from a higher spec car (disconnects at the door frame and then the other ends of the loom disconnect at the electric window and airbag switches, speaker and door mirror). Grab both mirrors and the interior switch/grab handle from the drivers side with the electric mirror knob it will cost you about £15 at a guess and not only will you gain exterior temperature reading you will also gain electric mirrors AND heated mirrors (activated by switching the rear windscreen demister on)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Six months later - hope you’ve found the fault with your temperature sensor! I’ve just noticed a fault with mine. It’s reading about 15 degrees lower than the real temperature. So I’m thinking there’s no break in the wire but the sensor might well be faulty.

General question to everyone: does that reasoning sound about right?

Faulty sensor, replace the pass mirror and it will solve it (assuming the replacement sensor is ok!)