ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Outside temperature sensor

Clio MK2 1.2 16v
I've had a read through the forum but can't seem to find a definite answer.
I've got a 55 plate 1.2 expression and don't have the outside temperature showing up on the display.
I have a nipple under the offside mirror but not one under the nearside one.
Does there need to be a nipple under the nearside mirror? If so then could I just swap the one from the offside to the nearside and connect it up?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Don't know about your 1.2 expression but on my 182 there is only 1 nipple and it's under the passenger side wing mirror. Maybe you have a break in the wire?

Clio MK2 1.2 16v
Don't know about your 1.2 expression but on my 182 there is only 1 nipple and it's under the passenger side wing mirror. Maybe you have a break in the wire?
Who knows why I have one under the driver's side then, I suppose I'll have to take off the cover and have a look. I've seen a few 55 plate dynamiques with nipples under both mirrors so who knows what's going on there.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I think, from what I've read that different models have the nipple on different sides . I'd be looking at why yours on the offside doesn't work rather trying to change sides . Like I said there could be a break in the wire.

Clio MK2 1.2 16v
I think, from what I've read that different models have the nipple on different sides . I'd be looking at why yours on the offside doesn't work rather trying to change sides . Like I said there could be a break in the wire.
Ahhh okay that makes sense. I'll whip the glass out tomorrow then and give it a look and if there's nothing obvious I'll trace the wire back