ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Over 1 year since the last post....

MX5 MK2.5 SVT 1.8 Sport
Hi everyone, iv not really introduced myself before so my name is Rob, i live in Preston and go to Myerscough college doing a BSE in motorsport! My reason for hardly posting is that im always busy doin hard, unpaid work :D
Anyway my Clios changed a lot over the years and i never really saw the point of posting every little thing that iv done (risk of being slated)

16 OZ Ultras
G-Max shocks and springs... still
Supersprint manifold
Peco full system (very soon to be replaced by a KTR stealth as they didnt make it two years ago!)
KTR drilled discs, with awful ***** pads tbh
Custom exhaust mountings
172 twisted dogbone
Ben P's top mounts (still to be fitted, probly this week)
Viper Induction kit
Ported throttle body (done by myself)
Awsome macro speakers as i bought the car with none (not really my thing)
Origional classic matts
KTR cage sprayed satin black
Half colour coded by myself using 2 pac (nearly mullered my sister)

Except for the exhaust i dont really know what to do next. I was thinking coil-overs but i dont want to adjust the tracking and camber everytime i change the height. And setting the damper rates would bore me on a road car tbh. I only got the shocks as my origional ones emptied themself of fluid around scotland and they were nice a cheap. They handle well too despite what other people say.
So far iv snapped two dopbones (dynamique ones), went through 4 coils at once through a water splash lol, two bottom ball joints, track-rod end, four sets of tyres, driveshaft, gearbox and exhaust. Not my fault as my origional gearbox split along the casting marks :dead: all my engine mounts were screwed putting all the weight on the standard dogbone.... and the driveshaft was my fault over a speed bump at myerscough which are huge!

I was doing the car as a rep, but stopped as
1. I like the dynamique
2. I spent all my Money on tools and engines
3. I would of had the worlds most pointless car
4. I hate spraying!

At the mo im saving for a track car and keeping my clio as my road car because my girlfriend wont let me sell it (happy memories) and it does 50+ mpg and i dont drive like a tool on the roads.
And before anyone askes, i dont want coil-overs, i dont want a sport (except for a track car) and a 'proper cage' is pointless in a road car tbh
Anyway the first pic is when i first bought the car (exhaust was gone with-in three days) and there all in order with what iv done. Enjoy :D

Clio030.jpg

Clio034.jpg

Three days later

SV100936.jpg

Clio040.jpg

08062007272.jpg

10062007281.jpg

PB290655.jpg

PB290660.jpg

P2180411.jpg

P2180399.jpg

P5030608.jpg

P5030605.jpg

P5030603.jpg

06042006469.jpg

07042006446.jpg

06042006468.jpg

04042006463.jpg

P6200662.jpg

P8191046.jpg

P8191039.jpg

Suzuki Ignis Sport
A lot of work has been done to this, great work fella!

Just a quick question, that cold air feed is pointles there aint it?

C

clvs2222

how the hell do you get 50 mpg? i drive like a granny and only get 42 tops :(

looks good anyway mate, see you've spend some money there. also, you say you dont drive like a spanner, but one pic you've got the car in the middle of the road taken a pic when theres a car coming the other way. lol

MX5 MK2.5 SVT 1.8 Sport
how the hell do you get 50 mpg? i drive like a granny and only get 42 tops :(

looks good anyway mate, see you've spend some money there. also, you say you dont drive like a spanner, but one pic you've got the car in the middle of the road taken a pic when theres a car coming the other way. lol
lol, its where the north west stages are held, and thats my sister driving like a tool

EP3 Civic Type R
Hello Rob, what a small world! I know your sister Emma and am very good friends with Shell who used to live across the road from you! Emma was telling me you were into Clios when I got my Cup last year!

Car looks great- lot of hard work gone into it and it's paid off. I love the supersprint too! :)

MX5 MK2.5 SVT 1.8 Sport
Hello Rob, what a small world! I know your sister Emma and am very good friends with Shell who used to live across the road from you! Emma was telling me you were into Clios when I got my Cup last year!

Car looks great- lot of hard work gone into it and it's paid off. I love the supersprint too! :)
Hey mish, i met you at a cruise years and years ago when i was about 14 lol. Thanks for the comment and your cup is fit! Saw it up the road but was intimidated by the two litre engine :eek:

EP3 Civic Type R

Hey mish, i met you at a cruise years and years ago when i was about 14 lol. Thanks for the comment and your cup is fit! Saw it up the road but was intimidated by the two litre engine :eek:

I think I remember... sorry about that- memory like a sieve! You should have come and said hello.. if I'm ever knocking around Freck I'll keep an eye out for you. No need to me intimidated by my engine lol... you have an excellent looking car and it's homegrown- u should be proud mate! :)

MX5 MK2.5 SVT 1.8 Sport

I think I remember... sorry about that- memory like a sieve! You should have come and said hello.. if I'm ever knocking around Freck I'll keep an eye out for you. No need to me intimidated by my engine lol... you have an excellent looking car and it's homegrown- u should be proud mate! :)
Aye will do next time. I wouldnt bother it was like 6 years ago! Thanks :D

MX5 MK2.5 SVT 1.8 Sport
Cheers mate, its the part thats made the biggest difference tbh. Exhaust and viper did naff all

Indeed. Money well spent!
Its just where to go from now. My mate Jay is building a 500bhp UR Quattro and thinks me and him can get the TT engine in. He even has one ready! I think a standard looking dynamique with a tt engine would be a great road car. Only problem is id need another road car! Until i get my sport its staying like that tbh

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It's been done already fella, and does fit... with "a few" mods. LOL

Send a PM to MATT BLACK... he did the conversion originally.

Pics of the Ur?! Sounds Awesome!

MX5 MK2.5 SVT 1.8 Sport
Aint got any at the mo, but hes on the UR forum (bit of a nut case) Iv been watching Mr. Matt blacks progress and not norms and thats what gave me the idea. Id love to know who owns it now. The alternative is to use my old manifold and make a turbo clio
http://galerie.tomson.com.pl/album10/Renault_Clio_14_Turbo_13
That is what i was thinking of doing. If i made 150bhp its worth doing

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
rob you wont need any help from him.. matt black and matt not normal will help you all the way if you decided to do it... 2 really nice people and there will be plenty of help here...

dont forget those two built the original clio TT so have gone through every problem that would be possible.. norm rebuilt it a number of times

MX5 MK2.5 SVT 1.8 Sport
rallygreats.gif

DSC00074.gif

Only pic iv got of the Audi, its in peices at the mo. The one below is his viva. He stuck a 5 cylinder turbo in that too. His name is puglife on the S2 forum if you want to see it.

MX5 MK2.5 SVT 1.8 Sport
rob you wont need any help from him.. matt black and matt not normal will help you all the way if you decided to do it... 2 really nice people and there will be plenty of help here...

dont forget those two built the original clio TT so have gone through every problem that would be possible.. norm rebuilt it a number of times
Sweet cheers mate. It'll be in the pipeline if i cant find a decent garret in my price range. Im a technical drawing person though so it'll be well planned :eek:
That clio was easily the most impressive on the site

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Sweet cheers mate. It'll be in the pipeline if i cant find a decent garret in my price range. Im a technical drawing person though so it'll be well planned :eek:
That clio was easily the most impressive on the site
garett turbo's ftw lol. nice car anyway dude, good luck

MX5 MK2.5 SVT 1.8 Sport
Thanks, iv got to watch my money now. I really want a 172 phase 1 or a Trophy but like most people im being poked by the insurance companies:dapprove: £3000 for a 172???:dead:

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
ouch! when i get my 172 il be 19, 2yncb (hopefully) with 3 points - should be around 1800 which isn't too bad imo

MX5 MK2.5 SVT 1.8 Sport
What! Im 19 and iv got no points! Oh, im under my dads name :dead: 1800 is worth it :approve:

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
do you live in iraq or something lol.
im sure u can find it cheaper than that. just need to look harder :)

MX5 MK2.5 SVT 1.8 Sport
do you live in iraq or something lol.
im sure u can find it cheaper than that. just need to look harder :)
Prestons worse than Iraq! Some one tried dragging me out of my car at traffic lights two months ago lol. Im looking every month now, im trying to get under trade insurance too

MX5 MK2.5 SVT 1.8 Sport
Thanks dutty
P8201053.jpg

P8201054.jpg

Just taken some pics at work today, i dont think my drive did the last pics any justice

1.2 Dynamique
Looks Stunning.... I've just been offered some Ultra's for my Car and am thinking about Buying them as would look good along with my 172 rear Bumper that I'll have soon ;)