ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Overclockers are sh*te

Overclockers are shite

I ordered 1 GB of Geil Ultra X Ram earlier this month - i then received an email almost instantly telling me that i needed to send in a copy of my drivers liscnece and a recent utility bioll in order for overclocker sot process my order. I though this was pretty rediculous so i called them - 30 TIMES - never got an answer.

Just checked my bank account and they have taken the money from my account anyway!!! £100!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absoloute tossers - whats the point of a phone number that you dont answer!! The order email they sent me even stated that if i didnt send through the drving liscnec etc within 4 days then they would cancel the order and that would be that (I DIDNT SAY ANYWHERE THAT THEY WOULD TAKE THE MONEY ANYWAY AND NOT TELL ME) c***s

ex Clio 172 owner :(
I only use them for the forums and check out the weekly special deals.

Ebuyer are cheaper but about as impossible to contact.

Incidentally, why on earth do they need to see those forms of id (or any) other than your credit card payment details?

Re: Overclockers are shite

i dont know - ive bought plenty off the net b4 - i placed the order and got this back:

In order to comply with credit and debit card regulations, we need to verify
your identity. In order to process this and subsequent orders please post or
fax clear copies of 2 of the following documents.

1 - Bank statement showing address and within last 3 months.
2 - Credit card statement showing address and within last 3 months.
3 - Utlity bill showing address and within last 3 months .
4 - Driving licence.

Please include your Order Reference Number and daytime telephone number in
all communication.

When the documents have been received and approved you will receive an email
confirming your order is being processed.

If we do not receive a response within 4 working days your order will be
automatically cancelled.
----------------------------------------------------------
Our Address:
Overclockers UK
Unit 40 Imex Business Park
Ormonde Street, Fenton
Stoke-on-trent
Staffordshire
ST4 3NP

Opening Hours:
Mon-Fri 8.30am-5.30pm
Sat 9am-5pm

Sales and General Enquires: 0870 443 0880
Fax: 0870 443 0881
Technical Support: 0871 222 8528

Please note we are unable to help you track your order directly until 24
hours after despatch.
Please remember we do not use email. Our WebNotes are usually answered
within 4 business hours with a reply straight to your inbox.
WebNotes: http://contact.overclockers.co.uk
Thank you for shopping at Overclockers UK.
PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS AUTOMATED EMAIL

What is all that about? - Like it said - i tried to contact them but couldnt - so i didnt send the doccuments and they should have cancelled the order - BUT THEY HAVE TAKEN THE GOD DAMN MONEY!

Never had a problem myself.
They can be hard to get hold of sometimes, but that's cus' they so busy.

I use eBuyer for most things too, but OcUK are good for some stuff - usually higher-end stuff.

Why do they need all this extra info? :S

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90

I think thats a good thing. If everyone was as secure as overclockers there would be no fraud.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport

yeh theyre difficult to get hold of. i just leave it ringing constantly till they pick up.

www.dabs.com/uk are the best imo

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

Its certainly a good thing and we do exactly the same process if your billing address does not match your card address or we just feel suspicious about the order.

However, we dont debit the customers account until we are satisfied with the transaction.

None

Im not usin OCuk anymore. I ordered 3 items that were in stock according to the website. Waited, waited and waited and nothing came through. Done the tracking order on their website and it says it was cancelled. Contacted them to find out why and they said they didnt have any of the items in/in stock or whatever and gave me a full refund but yet they still have the items on the website and saying its in stock :\

Skoda Fabia vRS

use www.tekheads.co.uk

you wont get better customer service from ANY online computer shop, if there price doesnt compete email and ask to see if they do price match, tell em BRUN sent ya

Thats wierd. I've used overclockers a few times and they've been fine. Always really quick turnaround on stuff, and never asked for any documents like that. I'd never send copies of anything like that to anyone!

SLK 350
OCUK are an absolute disgrace to the term Customer service, they simply don't answer the phone, then if you do get through they hang up without saying a word. They take an age to answer email and their P&P is somewhat expensive from memory.

Never again.

I used these about 4 years ago no porblems BUT on thusrday ordered loads of bits for my shuttle system. First my credit card didnt work on wednesday, then on thursday so used my old mans card.

Email - Order Problem you need to send us a copy of driving licence etce tc

Email - We have to ship to the card holders address no the other one you said because were gay.

Me and my old man tried to phone up all friday - NO Answer all day.

Sent them a web note, they finally replied and said they got the faxes and its been shipped, we dont no where its been shipped to, the city link number dont register on city link web page.

So hopefully ill get it monday, i no i only ordered it on thursday but my mate had the day of work friday and we was gunna build and configure the shuttle.

Overclockers are annoying because they dont answer the phone but they have got the order out to us. and they have a good range of products i usually use Aria or Scan computers but i couldnt get what i wanted on them.

Anyway ill be using aria or scan in the future.