ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Overclockers.co.uk

GW RS200
Used to find them great - haven't for a couple of years. Sounds shocking - won't again though, hearing this, thanks for the heads up. Hopefully word will spread fast...

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
Dear Sir,

I am not accusing you of damaging the item on purpose - the item appears to have been damaged accidentally.

I would suggest that you contact Razer directly regarding this matter. If you believe that the damage was caused by the manufacturer then they should accept a return. However, our suppliers will not allow us to return this item as they will deem the item to have been damaged by the customer.

I am willing to be fair in this matter and if Razer do accept a return then I will refund the charges that you have incurred.

I apologise that I still cannot accept the return for this directly.

Regards,

Daniel Worrall
Returns Manager
Overclockers UK

dumbfounded.

Skoda Fabia vRS
i think you email to Razer would be more to report THEM than the fault, get onto trading standards maybe too ?

Better than yours. C*nt.
Actually the contract lies between you and Overclockers - it is up to them to deal with Razer and the fact that they are shrugging it off quite frankly is illegal.

http://www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/consumers/fact-sheets/page38311.html

The key points here are:
Wherever goods are bought they must "conform to contract". This means they must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality (i.e. not inherently faulty at the time of sale).

If goods do not conform to contract at the time of sale, purchasers can request their money back "within a reasonable time". (This is not defined and will depend on circumstances)

You reported the issue "within a reasonable time" as far as the law is concerned - a 'reasonable time' by their books is typically a few weeks.

It is the seller, not the manufacturer, who is responsible if goods do not conform to contract.

The contract is always with the seller, and warranty claims should be directed to them in the first instance. It is an option, not a requirement, that the seller uses a manufacturer-direct warranty in the event of a claim, usually due to favouring circumstances - for example, longer terms (outside of seller warranty), quicker turnaround or manufacturer doing collect and return or on-site as opposed to return to base with sellers.

If a consumer chooses to request a repair or replacement, then for the first six months after purchase it will be for the retailer to prove the goods did conform to contract (e.g. were not inherently faulty)

Basically in a court of law they have to prove to the courts that you did the damage within the first six months - after then you have to prove that you didn't.

Feel free to throw some of that at them - highlighting perhaps that he should already be aware of this being in the position he is.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
thanks mike i will send some of that over. here is my response..

Daniel,
Might you explain to me how i damaged it accidentally? even by looking at this from a distanced perspective, i couldn't get the pins underneath that plastic if i tried!!! they is no evidence of force not to mention absolutely no motivation or logic in it at all.

It's simply not a type of defect that can come from accidentally doing anything to the station. All it was used for was putting the mouse on and taking it off which is what it was designed for i would imagine.

I refuse to accept that you have never had a faulty product come from your suppliers and the fact that they would accept it and blame the customer is nothing more than an assumption on your part. I really can't see what the issue is here, you sent me a faulty item, i have not damaged it by accident and despite evidence to the contrary i.e i couldn't cause 'damage' to it like that by accident even if i tried to , you are still denying my request for refund. Simply put i find the entire situation bizarre and the customer service, frankly disgusting, although after now having researched this i am not entirely surprised given so many poor opinions out there on your RMA service..

i have contacted razer support about the poor service i'm receiving from overclockers - one of their resellers and informed them of the situation, in the meantime i would like you to escalate my complaint to someone more senior please as i feel this matter is getting out of hand.

Being that you are the refund manager i would imagine that you are fully aware of the sales of goods act. Currently not sorting this issue out in the manner that you are doing so is BREAKING THE LAW.

Feel free to confirm this via your own channels but the sales of good act states:

1) Sending me a faulty item is ILLEGAL:

"Wherever goods are bought they must "conform to contract". This means they must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality (i.e. not inherently faulty at the time of sale). "

2) asking me to contact the manufacturer regarding this is also ILLEGAL

"It is the seller, not the manufacturer, who is responsible if goods do not conform to contract."

3) assuming i made the damage myself without evidence is also ILLEGAL

"If a consumer chooses to request a repair or replacement, then for the first six months after purchase it will be for the retailer to prove the goods did conform to contract (e.g. were not inherently faulty)"

I again will await your correspondence on this matter. i am advising you now, if this isn't sorted out satisfactorily i will be contacting my solicitors and pursuing this matter in it's entirety.

Thank you.

Last edited:
  Better than yours. C*nt.
I'd possibly leave out all the ILLEGAL stuff. None of it is particularly illegal, more a lack of action on these parts...

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
1) Sending me a faulty item is ILLEGAL:

"Wherever goods are bought they must "conform to contract". This means they must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality (i.e. not inherently faulty at the time of sale). "

2) asking me to contact the manufacturer regarding this is also ILLEGAL

"It is the seller, not the manufacturer, who is responsible if goods do not conform to contract."

3) assuming i made the damage myself without evidence is also ILLEGAL

after 'LEGAL' you have put a : after the first one, but non of the others.

Clio 172 Cup 03 plat
Dont know if it was because of them or not (dont want to get myself into bother) but I work in a Bank and last Xmas we had lots of customers with fraud on their accounts, as I was looking at all their transactions I noticed a lot of fraud transactions happened after using overclockers themselves, or the actual fraud transactions where through them, coincidence??? I dont know but I'll never touch them just in case

Skoda Fabia vRS
Lynne i really wouldnt post something like that, you never know who is looking on here

Clio 172 Cup 03 plat
Lynne i really wouldnt post something like that, you never know who is looking on here

noted

I'm not saying they are involved, just that someone much have piggy backed their website, not saying it was them doing it

Last edited:
  Skoda Fabia vRS
and as already mentioned, its down to THEM to contact Razer, NOT you, your contract is with them, OcUK

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Shockingly bad!

Ive had some bad experiences from them but normally they have been good.

I went to pickup a few items from them and the t**t at the counter put my card in and entered random numbers = blocked card!!

Then told me "tough", lucky i had another card on me at the time.

As already mentioned the contract is between you and them. Dont be fobbed off by them saying otherwise!

Good Luck :)

Never had any problems with them, everything has always turned up on times, everything has worked, they have never questioned an RMA. The forum is full of cnuts. Scuzi (Owner) is a nice bloke, as said he drives around in his 599 GTB - so he is doing ok. Gibbo, who also plays a big deal in OCuK is a top lad (Nice 'Stang too).

They have new premises, which look very smart. Well i assume they are new anyway.

Free delivery, competivly priced, can't complain!

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Scuzi is not the owner, Spie is. As for being a nice bloke, couldn't really comment but there's definitely a darker side to him.

Gibbo no longer works there and hasn't for some time, had a falling out with Mark (Spie) and went to work for a competitor.

Scuzi is an irish lad who is an air traffic controller :)

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
they are complete c**ts lol i had the owner (spie) threaten me on the phone and say he was going to come to my house as he had my address and see if i wanted to tell him his companies service was s**t to his face, i told him to come to my house and i would... he never did, bunch of robbing c**ts!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
Never had any problems with them, everything has always turned up on times, everything has worked, they have never questioned an RMA. The forum is full of cnuts. Scuzi (Owner) is a nice bloke, as said he drives around in his 599 GTB - so he is doing ok. Gibbo, who also plays a big deal in OCuK is a top lad (Nice 'Stang too).

They have new premises, which look very smart. Well i assume they are new anyway.

Free delivery, competivly priced, can't complain!

wtf r u on about, delivery is £8

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
It seems he's given in...

Dear Sir,

I do not accept that what I am doing is illegal. There is a difference between a fault and physical damage. This is where there is a grey area in the legislation.

Taking this further is in nobodies interest. I have raised an RMA for the return of the item. The RMA number is ****. You should receive a confirmation e-mail shortly.

Please return the item to us using Royal Mail Standard Parcels with Insurance and I will refund your postage costs.

I apologise for what may seem to be bad customer service but I am merely following company policy on returns and damages.

Regards,

Daniel Worrall
Returns Manager
Overclockers UK

I can only presume that means i'll be getting my money back since it's not mentioned, we will see.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Hmm.

I think he's still trying to pin the 'you broke it' tag but it just doesn't seem right. I've seen the device you're on about and whilst it's not the best design in the world it does seem difficult to maliciously break it. See where it goes though, eh.

And to saltyhair81, it helps to be (or have been) one of their suppliers too.

I ment Spie not Scuzi :X

I have no idea who works for them / where they have gone - i gave up using their forum about a year ago when it just started to become full of dicks.

I get free delivery for being a loyal customer and forum member.

They are certainly in the wrong.

Some manufacturers have a 'no returns discount' so they agree not to send anything back that might be faulty but they get a small discount on the orders. Which to me sounds like what they might have. He knows he'll get nothing back and most people will just roll over.

Top marks for keep going though. I wouldn't have backed down either.

BMW 330ci Clubsport
Ordered from them a couple of times, like others I've never had a problem. I've brought hardware and builds from them.

But in my opinion you should have got a better mouse ;)

Monaro VXR
Ordered from them a few times. However, never had a problem except for an item that went out of stock and kept my order back a few days. They didn't see a reason to tell me this. While the website still reported it in stock. So got a bit annoyed at that and just told them to send an alternate product.

For the most part though prefer to take a drive to scan. Get my items in person. Also makes taking them back easier. Never once had an issue returning something to scan.

T

thecremeegg

I've been on the forums for a few years and also bought a fair bit off them. I've never had to return anything though, but I have heard the horror stories. The owner is a complete **** it must be said, and well done on sticking with it

Not a Clio
I've been using them for years. Always been very happy with the service and speed of dispatch/delivery. Returned faulty items without hassle and even returned an item that worked fine but wasn't what I wanted with no quibbles for a refund.

Until I read through this thread I'd never heard a bad word said about them!

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
neither had i , never even looked at a review site before until this stuff happened to me, they have refunded the cost of the mouse but not the moneies they chagred me for testing it and the postage so im still waiting to see if they come through.. i have a post on avfourms aswell, needless to say people weren't that happy with them on there either.