ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Overclockers.co.uk

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
Fuming.

I order a razer mamba mouse from them, turns up 5 days late, plug it in, leave it on charge wont charge up... the pins are broken on the charging station... i send it back and they tell me i have to pay for postage to send it back. ok i think doesn't sound too unreasonable - they said they would refund me once it comes in, so i make a trip to the PO pay of it all to be sent back and they reject it!!!! saying i damaged it myself!!!!!!

So they're sending it back to me. f**king cnuts. Now i have to speak to their manager to 'sort it out' wtf is the world coming to! aarrrgh

Skoda Fabia vRS
ive not used them since i was threatened with court by their owner, wouldnt touch em with a barge pole

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
whats your story? i've used em for years, but sometihng has obviously changed.

get this, i order off them like a lot...'im talking in the region of once a month for the past two years, varying quantities all my pc builds from them etc etc. They ALWAYS hold my orer up with security validation. I always ring and tell them to sort it out and they dont. Happened again today, i ring up they say oh sorry we'll give you 50% of the postage back..... i was like W T F...how about no. how can you expect me to pay 50% of nextr day delivery when it hasn't even left the warehouse yet?!?!! f**king knobs

Titanium 182
It was a unit in staffords most dodgy looking industrial estate manned by socially retarded bufoons who had never even seen the light of day. There attitude reminded me of the little american kids you get on xbox...

They made me stand there for 50 minutes just to give me 2 sticks of ram...

Octy VRS
I bought my Aego M's from them and they turned up faulty. They were very good at turning them around. Courier collected the next day and delivered a new set the day after. Maybe management has changed.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
aluco - figures.

oska - courier collected them> jesus thats unheard of. maybe cause they were big or something. most of the time they expect you to post things back to them.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Not used them since I had an issue with a barebones system which was DOA, phoned them up, explained it and as it had been delivered that day they said I could pop down to sort it out. Hour in the car later, get there, they take it away and look at me, confused, when I'm still stood there. Apparently it needs testing (despite being dead on arrival and speaking with someone to come in and sort it) and there was no concession to the fact that some illiterate t**t had told me I could bring it in.

Tossers, and overpriced. I've told the boss he's a c**t to his face and he swung for me - I walked off after highlighting it just proves my point.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
f**k thats classic. no common sense. it's like why would i break the mouse i bought initally....aarrrgh

where do you use now mike? was thinking of using scan/ebuyer

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
ebuyer is ok, delivery can be a while, but always been ok for me.

Novatech might also be worth checking.

i bought my Razor mouse from a random place after googling it... Google Product search is excellent

Better than yours. C*nt.
where do you use now mike? was thinking of using scan/ebuyer

Scan are quite good - down to earth guy that runs it. Bit overpriced but no worse than Overclockers. Ebuyer are shite - always have been. Always saying they've got stock and they haven't. Had 14 of this KVM I wanted in the other day (only place I could find it) and then all of a sudden AFTER I'd placed my order, they 'no longer stocked it'.

Dabs are alright, other than that I tend to hunt around for the best deal on the product rather than using a single supplier.

Titanium 182
Try CCL online. They're local to me and although slow as fvck when you're waiting in there store there pretty decent.

My mate bought a TV from dabs and it went faulty so he sent it back and their courrier broke the screen then they said it was his fault and wouldn't refund him.
£400 down the drain.

A4 Avant
I bought a laptop hdd from them, it then wasn't required so I tried to return it in there packaging with the antistatic bag unopened and they refused saying that there'd be a 40% restocking fee. Jokers. I ended up buying a drive caddy to put it in.

Haven't used them since.

Glad I've never tried them after reading this. Was always under the impression they were a good place to use! Ebuyer all the way :) Orders upto 11pm at night for next day :eek: crazyness

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Very dodgy company! Been done by them myself... and the owner isn't a very pleasant person.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
f**k this, after all this time i had no idea they were like that, likely to be my last order i think.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I've heard rumours about him, but all of my orders have been fine

People on their forums tend to get banned fairly sharpish when they have ANY sort of complaint

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
As others have said I got stung with a massive restocking fee on an item that i returned faulty, (and i had proved this) but they were unable to prove it was at fault so charged me.

This was about 6 years ago, and i've never used them since.

A red missile
eBuyer or CCL online for me, never had any issues with either, mainly use eBuyer but as CCL is a 10 minute drive form work it's handy to order and pay in the morning and pickup at lunchtime.

Tesla MP3 2021
Scan is where it's at for me :). I have been using them for years without any issues.

The only time I used overclockers was to buy a 12v extension cable and when it turned up (late) it was the wrong one. I did get a refund like and they just told me to either bin the cable or keep hold of it lol.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
FAO of Mr Worrall or anyone senior who may be able to sort this out,

Overclockers were informed as soon as i realised i couldn't charge it. The inital charge lasted for a few days during which time i had the mouse on the base station each night after use. When it died and would not charge from this base station i looked into it a little closer and realised the pins must be the reason for this. So i rang up and was informed to send it back no questions asked, at my expense i might add.

Having awaited a product for several days as a result of delays from you i was more than disappointed.

You have sent me a faulty product and i am demanding my money back, it's as simple as that. I will not accept your email as a suitable resolution to this. Go through my order history and you will see, i have been a loyal customer for many years and never once had a problem with you guys. I have used your forums and recommended you guys in the past on my experiences and am very disappointed with this whole issue regarding the mouse.

Your logic is implying that i have recieved the product and damaged it on purpose?? for what? so i could get a refund?? this is absolutely ridiculous since i have the right to send it back regardless according to the distance selling regulations. what other possible reason would i have to intentionally damage it??

Accusing me of breaking the product on purpose for some absolutely unknown and random reason is beyond my measure of comprehension. You have sent me a faulty product and i have now requested my money back after all the fuss. Initially i wanted a replacement but after being told i was to absorb the cost of sending back a product which arrived unfit for purpose i was already fed up with whole transaction

Simply put, if this does not happen, not only will you have lost a long standing loyal customer, along with outlining my experience on various forums i'm a member of, i will be reporting you to the trading standards. This is a clear violation of my rights as a customer and the manner in which this issue is being resolved is downright disgusting - more so for a customer who has literally spent thousands with your company over the years.

I await your correspondance.

-D Harding.

=====================================

Dear Sir,

If the product had arrived damaged, why were we not informed sooner? It was four days after the item was delivered that you reported this damage.

I cannot accept a return for an item where there is no sign of damage to the packaging or any other part of the item that would indicate courier damage.

Our suppliers will not accept a return on this item for damage of this fashion - they will deem this damage to have been customer induced.

I apologise that I cannot be of further assistance in this matter.

Regards,

Daniel Worrall
Returns Manager
Overclockers UK

BMW E46 330i Touring
What a prick, 4 days is hardly a long time considering the type of damage! Not something you'd notice until you needed to use it.

I've used ebuyer a few times and have always been excellent; also the cheapest on average and stocks have always seemed 'fairly' accurate...

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
definitely be the last time i use them. used ebuyer a couple of times, will have to start using them more i imagine

I used them about 5 years ago for a PC build as they were the only stockist to have what I wanted in stock. Didn't have any problems with them but not used them since as they are overpriced.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Always found them over priced and rude to deal with, would only buy from there as a last resort.

As Mike said I tend to just go to wherever has what I want the cheapest.

Infact thinking about it I've probably spent the most with eBuyer, never really had a problem with them.

Coupe/Defender V8
OCUK are very much a bunch of cow boys. They only really make any real profit on the big launches tbh.

Their RMA service is a money grabbing scheme if there ever was one. Unless you're desperate for something I'd avoid using them altogether

I bought a brand new AM2 motherboard on launch a couple of years ago and decided I no longer wanted it one day after recieving it. They took the item back but then refused to refund me as the inner carboard packaging had a nick in it. Was then charged £10 for something or other. More than likely the postage to return it. ****s

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
that is actually shocking. , just never realised they were that bad.

what pisses me off is that if you look at it, i couldn't of accidentally damaged it or anything ,it's like a proper defect (one of the charging pins is lodged inside the charging station), it's like i couldn't actually do that without breaking hte plastic even if i wanted to!!! MUGS

BMW E46 330i Touring
Didn't one of their main guys leave last year and go to a competitor (Novatech springs to mind...)? I think they've gone downhill since then...

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Yup but they were going downhil before then, always been stuff going on it appears.

Still the chap who started it is laughing all the way to the bank, lives abroad driving his Ferrari around :p

Chelsea tractor
get this, i order off them like a lot...'im talking in the region of once a month for the past two years, varying quantities all my pc builds from them etc etc. They ALWAYS hold my orer up with security validation. I always ring and tell them to sort it out and they dont. Happened again today, i ring up they say oh sorry we'll give you 50% of the postage back..... i was like W T F...how about no. how can you expect me to pay 50% of nextr day delivery when it hasn't even left the warehouse yet?!?!! lovely knobs
Ebuyer do those security checks (or don't as the case usually is) a lot.

Scan are top imo. Free postage too if you contribute on Hexus :)

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
thats really not helping chris!!!

hah well he's minted one way or another, he's into his cars so what he's got has always been common knowledge on the forums over there.

He started out with a tuned up 200sx but has had M5s, various Porsches and Ferraris, and lives the life of riley we're led to believe.

Couldn't possibly comment on what kind of person he seems though :p

DCi
Fuming.

I order a razer mamba mouse from them, turns up 5 days late, plug it in, leave it on charge wont charge up... the pins are broken on the charging station... i send it back and they tell me i have to pay for postage to send it back. ok i think doesn't sound too unreasonable - they said they would refund me once it comes in, so i make a trip to the PO pay of it all to be sent back and they reject it!!!! saying i damaged it myself!!!!!!

So they're sending it back to me. lovely cnuts. Now i have to speak to their manager to 'sort it out' wtf is the world coming to! aarrrgh
I could repeat your story word for word mate!

i have sticks of ram on my window sill that dont work because by the time i had gone through them all and worked out which ones were ok and which were fubar'd they decided that it was too long for me to report the damage.

i thought about going to small claims court but went to the premises and threw my weight around and got replacements instead.

they were much more useful in person :)

wont ever use them again though

Skoda Fabia vRS
id keep persuing the matter tbh

"I cannot accept a return for an item where there is no sign of damage to the packaging or any other part of the item that would indicate courier damage."

that comment is pure shite, that is basically saying that every part they sell is 100% working and never in all the years of trading have they ever encountered any faulty products, its rare but the odd thing does roll off the production line faulty, and of course they can send it back

no way on earth would i put up with that response