ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Overclocking

I have a Q6600 G0 and want to have a go at overclocking it, but want to obviously find some places to do my homework beforehand. Where do people suggest to look, I don't mean forums like Overclockers, I mean like a page/site which explain each part that needs to be looked at and how it works.

Thanks

Punto/Clio GTT
overclockers.co.uk lol

use the search function on the forums but im 99% sure theres a sticky with a basic guide on how to overclock

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
www.ocforums.com is very good, full of hardcore american geeks mostly but very good info on there.

If you only want a basic overclock lob your fsb up in your bios, and voltages acordingly

Mk3 Dynamique S
By no means a computer expert but i have done some basic overclocking in the past. Found www.tomshardware.com pretty useful, there are some basic guides on overclocking if you use the search button and this looks like it might be relevant to you :http://www.tomshardware.com/2007/11/08/dual_vs_quad/

From what i remember its important to make sure whatever cooling you have is up to the job before you push any settings, heat is the limiting factor for a lot of overclocked systems.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
i clocked it very easily, stock volts, 3.03ghz easily. i actually managed to get 3.4 out of it stable by my temps were a little high so if you have decent cooling and your temps are ok, you should get 3.2 out of it no problem i would say. Tuniq tower cooler is best for the q6600 although i have a zalman which is very good too.