ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Overheating Laptop

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
My lappy keeps refusing to charge cos the battery is getting too hot in this weather :dapprove:

Does anyone know of a decent way of drawing heat off of it?

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
What laptop is it bunzee? My fujitsu siemens did the same. Then it died and I got new Dell :D

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
DarthCake said:
What laptop is it bunzee? My fujitsu siemens did the same. Then it died and I got new Dell :D

It's a Dell - it'll be 2 years old in October and this is the first problem I've had with it.

I was thinking of getting a Vaio and I think it must have heard me so it's punishing me!

Fabia vRS
DarthCake said:

i have a fujitsu siemens and it overheats even when the weather isn't hot.

i had to buy a cooler for it and it still sometimes overheats and turns itself off.

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
spittfire said:
Me. I have my laptop sitting on 2 Coolbox icepacks covered with a teatowel.
Bang up to date.

lol :D maybe I'll just stick it in the fridge!

I just dismantled it all over the floor and there was about half a cats worth of fur which can't have been helping, so maybe it'll be better now.

Definitely going to order one of those coolers from Amazon tho!

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
I've had lappy on since I posted on here last and it seems fine now, fan is much quieter too :)

Maybe I should stop my cats from sleeping on it, I think the fur causes issues :)

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
I got on the dell forums and it seems to be a really common fault :( and requires a new motherboard :(:(:(

I managed to get all my stuff off before it went to lappy heaven :)

RIP Lappy.