ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Overlapping Insurance

PH-QUICK
So basically im with Directline atm, policy runs out on the 6th of march - wont be renewing with them as they dont allow mods for under 25's and ive got some lovely Sportlines to fit on sunday which is the 2nd.

SO can i get my new policy to start on the 2nd and overlap the old one by a few days without any problems???

Dodgy one
as above yeh its fine mate

Thats not what i was told tonight by my insurance company, I was told its Illegal to insure the same car with two different companys at the same time :approve: I wouldn't risk it mate just waith the extra few days

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Ring up directline and cancel it? Or will that effect your no claims?
If it was me i'd just risk using lowered suspension for 4 days. Or fit them later?

Dodgy one
Ring up directline and cancel it? Or will that effect your no claims?
If it was me i'd just risk using lowered suspension for 4 days. Or fit them later?

He'l lose the years no claims,

Ask yourself this, is it worth risking driving round four days with invalid insurance, If some scumbag steals it or you smash it up, Not only will you lose the years no claims, You'l lose the car, possibly your licence too for no insurance, whatever it costs to put right what you damaged and risk the chance of not being able to insure a quick car for some years.

I know what i'd do, Thats my 2p :)

Just ring Direct Line and suspend the policy. Still get your NCD at the end and you wont be insuring the same car twice. The only problem is that your new insurer wont be able to use your NCD until the current policy has run out. If you send them a document showing X yrs ncd as of the 6th March, they may charge you a higher premium for 2nd-6th..

If you claim on the few days when you are insured with 2 companies, both policies will be cancelled. It's illegal to have a vehicle insured with more than one company.

When I bought my car, I had 7 days free Renault insurance. They told me if I changed to my insurance company before the 7 days ran out I MUST cancel the Renault insurance. Even if it was just a 1 day overlap.