ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Own up then muppet..

A Beautiful R32
... so who bought a trophy, stripped it out and then changed the suspension before crashing on a track day.

I have this on good authority from a dealer I was chatting to.

S77CCP

ClioSport Club Member
Renault dealer, telling the truth? Was he trying to sell you something at the time?

A Beautiful R32
nope, this is very much real... I was asking him where the Trophy they had went. He just shook his head and told me. Same person who bought it apparently has a 225 as well...

Cam

182 Cup
hmmmm, cant find anything on cliotrophy.co.uk and cant be arsed looking on the RS website.

Its not a bad idea realy.
I'm not keen on the trophy setup for track wot leda or bilstein would be better IMO and make aofr a quicker car.

Sounds like they had a good idea get a trophy which holds it value better than a 182 Cup or Full fat make it to a track car then when you come to sell put the old stuff back on and sell it for a premium as its a trophy. A Cup 182 would have lost more money.

Dealer = Westover aka Olympian Automotive?

If so they never left a block of wood wedged between my engine and exhaust manifold either :rolleyes:

I know of a 225 owner who bought suspension from a crashed Trophy, maybe they heard wrong?

An orange one
this is the one thing that puts me off the trophy...changing the suspension..

coming from a mk1 v6 to a 182 FF that would be getting H&R's on it etc..

should i buy a trophy..fit H&R's and keep the standard suspension for when i sell??

its the standard height thats putting me off...182's look sweet on coilies..loving makavelli's and also dansta's 172 cup

help!!

A Beautiful R32
Day said:
Dealer = Westover aka Olympian Automotive?

If so they never left a block of wood wedged between my engine and exhaust manifold either :rolleyes:

I know of a 225 owner who bought suspension from a crashed Trophy, maybe they heard wrong?

Maybe, but I doubt it... dealer will be nameless to protect the innocent! :rasp:

They did comment about how they thought it was sacrilege... :eek:

Definately a trophy which was stripped and then changed the suspension... and then crashed. So one less. They could have just bought a cup instead :quiet:

Steviant

ClioSport Club Member
  Renaultsport 220T
edde said:
Its not a bad idea realy.
I'm not keen on the trophy setup for track wot leda or bilstein would be better IMO and make aofr a quicker car.

:approve: ;)