ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Own up then muppet..

A Beautiful R32
... so who bought a trophy, stripped it out and then changed the suspension before crashing on a track day.

I have this on good authority from a dealer I was chatting to.

A Beautiful R32
nope, this is very much real... I was asking him where the Trophy they had went. He just shook his head and told me. Same person who bought it apparently has a 225 as well...

Cam

182 Cup
hmmmm, cant find anything on cliotrophy.co.uk and cant be arsed looking on the RS website.

Its not a bad idea realy.
I'm not keen on the trophy setup for track wot leda or bilstein would be better IMO and make aofr a quicker car.

Sounds like they had a good idea get a trophy which holds it value better than a 182 Cup or Full fat make it to a track car then when you come to sell put the old stuff back on and sell it for a premium as its a trophy. A Cup 182 would have lost more money.

Dealer = Westover aka Olympian Automotive?

If so they never left a block of wood wedged between my engine and exhaust manifold either :rolleyes:

I know of a 225 owner who bought suspension from a crashed Trophy, maybe they heard wrong?

An orange one
this is the one thing that puts me off the trophy...changing the suspension..

coming from a mk1 v6 to a 182 FF that would be getting H&R's on it etc..

should i buy a trophy..fit H&R's and keep the standard suspension for when i sell??

its the standard height thats putting me off...182's look sweet on coilies..loving makavelli's and also dansta's 172 cup

help!!

A Beautiful R32
Day said:
Dealer = Westover aka Olympian Automotive?

If so they never left a block of wood wedged between my engine and exhaust manifold either :rolleyes:

I know of a 225 owner who bought suspension from a crashed Trophy, maybe they heard wrong?

Maybe, but I doubt it... dealer will be nameless to protect the innocent! :rasp:

They did comment about how they thought it was sacrilege... :eek:

Definately a trophy which was stripped and then changed the suspension... and then crashed. So one less. They could have just bought a cup instead :quiet: