ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

oxy sensor?

Clio MK 4
Is this the same as lambda sensor?

As you may have read my car keeps cutting out and just before it does it is VERY lumpy and cant drive smoothly. Only seems to happen in cooler weather aswell.

Well i had my throttle bodies cleaned and that hasnt fixed it and now they saying it sounds like this oxy sensor may need replacing. It been on the diagnostics and it not found no errors but they say it usually resets itself when car runs fine.

186 quid for this oxy sensor and already spent 150 quid. this is starting to get annoying.

Ye the oxy sensor is the same as the lambda sensor.
My oxy sensor went on mine and every now and then id lose all power momenteraly but i did have an error code which stayed on (brought me engine management light up) till i reset it.
Think i paid bout £76 for mine and got a garage to change it 4 free.

Clio MK 4
mines at renault which is probably why it's so expensive.

So do you think that could be the cause of my car misfiring sometimes, very very lumpy at times and then cuts out ?

tbh i dunno
Just sounds strange how ur not gettin any error up as i did when me oxy sensor went :S
Mind mine did go very lumpy sumtimes and ive not had the prob since i changed mine

My engine management light came on permanetly and when i checked it with the cheap Diagnostics tool i got from k-tec it came up with the error code po135 (02 sensor heater circuit malfunction (bank 1 sensor 1)) which was me o2 sensor before the cat.

Clio MK 4
when my car cuts i only get the STOP and Battery light come on. No lights are on when its driving. I'm worried of fitting this new oxy sensor, spending all this money and then get the car back and it still does it!

Im not sure how much diff the 172 is to the 182 so dunno if u wud get the engine management light up or not if ya oxy sensor went.
Im sure sum1 else on here wud know

Clio MK 4
Right reno rang me and said the oxy sensor does seem faulty but he says it could be due to my BMC induction kit?

What do you guys think? I've had the BMC kit on for 2 months or so and never had problems before?

Should I risk spedding 180 odd quid in getting new oxy sensor fitted and hope the BMC kit wont f**k it?