ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

OZ Superleggs: CORROSION!!!!!

Clio 197
I gave my wheels a good clean, in preparation to give them a nice polish.

To my horror, I found some bubbling paint on the spokes!

I rang halfords (where I purchased them), and they said that the supplier wants to have a look at them first. They also want to know what I use to clean them.

I've alerady said that I use car shampoo, and a brush.

IF the supplier agrees that they're indeed faulty, I'll get a new set.

Question: Do I still wax them, so that they're obviously well looked-after? Should I just leave them as they are?

How do I guarantee a new set? Oms. (grrrrrr!).

Clio 197
*** U P D A T E ***

I've left one wheel with Halfords, so they can show it to the OZ supplier (later this week).

It seems that there was moisture on the wheel, while it was being painted - and thus all the paint has blemished?? :S

Best-case: New wheels.

Worst-case: Full refurb.

Skoda Fabia vRS
you should be ok mate, i know the dealers who bring OZ into the country and in general they are a good supplier, dont worry about it

Clio 197
:) :) I feel much better, cheers Brun.

I was worried initially, because most businesses try to get-out of things (and pass the buck).

All will be in capable hands, by the sound of things.

Clio 197
RESULT:

result.jpg

Megane Trophy
WHAT!!

Mine are the same, again used soap and brush on them i have no receipt for purchase

where would i stand?

They could do with a refurb 2

Clio 197
Go back to where you bought them ,and kick up a fuss.

That's what I did, and in the end, I got a goodwill payment from them.

OZ suppliers (motorsport) said that my wheels were corroded due to heavy braking (arseholes).